Chapter 41: In God's field, any relationship can bloom

Luca had brought Aurora to the booth alignment that was settled just for the festival.

She looked at the accessory booth thoroughly; it had all kinds of peddlers on exhibit for anyone to buy. Throughout the length of the counter, there were colorful magical brooms, hair ties as well as pins of all sizes and customs, bracelets from silver to gold, and many others among necklaces, earrings and rings. "Woooow! These are so cute! Luca, come and see." She looked behind her briefly.

He had his arms crossed over his chest and was watching her with an annoyed grin splitting his face that just had the right twist to it."Do you think those girly things appease me? Who do you take me for?"

"No! Just help me pick one, please."  She pressed her hands together and batted her eyelids seductively.

He rolled his eyes and expressed the same demonstration of annoyance from before but still approached. "What am I looking at?"

"I was thinking about... Ah!" She lifted a light green ribbon with little white gems craved onto its fabric and showed him."What do you think about this? Do you think Elina would like it?"

"Well, isn't that cute. But I think it'd look even cuter on you, Aurora." Luca took the ribbon from her and spun her around so he could stand behind her; she did wonder what crossed his mind that moment but said nothing and waited expectantly. Gently, he slid his fingers through her hair, pulling it up into a loose bun and stirring it well together with the ribbon. Her bangs fell lazily on each side of her face, the moonlight reflected in her eyes as she brushed her bangs out of her vision."There. See? I was right." He smiled slowly, sliding his finger along her jawline, making her turn her head back and face him again."It matches perfectly your eye color."

"Th-Thanks, Luca..." Aurora's cheeks lit up like New Year's Eve fireworks.

He slipped out a golden coin from his pocket and threw it at the salesman. The man caught it in the air with one hand moment. He inspected the small object with care. "This is way too much, sir." He seemed a little surprised as well as confused at the payment.

"Don't mention it. It's to cover your trouble."  He said.

"W-Well... Thank you, kind sir!" The salesman deeply thanked Luca for his generosity with a reverent bow before returning to focus his attention on other potential clients.

"So," He shoved his hands in his pockets and turned back to her."Where do you wanna go next? Do you want to see more of the booths?"

Aurora shrugged in a noncommittal manner. "I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"All right. Then, I'll take you somewhere special." 

"Somewhere special?" Those two words intrigued her. What could he possibly mean by that? He already brought her to the neighboring town to experience first-in-hand such magic event and meet their lovely people, what else was there to see?

"Follow me." He was finally done with the place, then walked away.

"L-Luca wait...!"  She shouted and ran off after him to an uncertain part of town. 

Both left the festival area.

(...)