chapter 21

Grace's pov:

I wait in the living room for Harry who i'm assuming is still in the shower. His offer to take me out seemed so odd coming out of his mouth yet so sincere. I hate that no matter how bad he treats me, a part of me believes he is a good hearted man on the inside. I've seen him be cheeky before, and sometimes even in a good mood. He has potential to show his inner self but maybe he feels more confident with his tough exterior on display and maybe overtime, he became this person he's not.

I hear his him come out of his room and instinctively I turn my head to see him strutting towards the living room. His hands carelessly brushing through his hair. "Are you ready?" He asks, not looking at me.

"Yeah." I say, getting up from the couch and walking closer to him. My hands behind my back.

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. His eyes raking up and down my body. He then locks eyes with me for a few seconds, the air thick between us. He then looks away, opens the door and walks out.

I snap out of my trance and catch up to him.

...

"Alright so what kinda stuff do you want?" He asks. "Oh, uhm I guess I wanna buy more clothes. I mean I will be staying with you for a while now. Not that the clothes you got me weren't good but like i'd like to buy so-"

"Hey, hey I understand. Stop rambling." He says with a soft chuckle and I almost dont believe my ears. This is what I dont get. He can be stone cold one second and be totally chill the next.

"Okay." I mumble.

We walk for a while in H&M, Harry behind me scrolling through his phone. "Uh, I have to make a call. Just stay in this area okay?" He says in a rush. I simply nod and continue looking through the clothes. He steps away for a second and comes back "And don't try to run. You cant run away from me, you know that." He says in a low voice and walks away finally.

I stand in my place thinking whether I can run or not. I know he told me not to, but i'm sure if I do it sneakily, he wont find me. But if I do run, where would I go?

I slowly walk towards a different isle, not noticing im going towards the mens section when I hear a familiar voice speaking. I see Nick looking through some jeans, talking to someone on his phone. For some reason, I feel like I have to stay and listen to his conversation.

"... no no man. I haven't seen him or his little minions. I think they've let it go. Ethan was an important member of their so called gang. He's on our side now. They don't have a chance anyway. Plus, It's been so long now. If they had to do something, i'm sure they would have done it by now." He stops and laughs hideously and hums at whatever the other person is saying. Is it safe to assume that the "him and the gang" he's referring to could be Harry and the boys? They said Ethan was an important member. I wonder if him and Harry were as close as Harry is with Niall or Louis. I cant imagine any of the boys betraying Harry or something like that.

He hangs up the call and walks away with a pair of rather ugly jeans if im being honest. I take a deep breath and go back to where I was.

I pretend to look through the rack of hoodies as Nick's words ring through my head. "Have you chosen want you want yet?" Harry says as he approaches me.

"Uh, yeah." I take a random hoodie from the rack. He looks at me with a raises eyebrow, "That's it?" I nod back but he seems unconvinced.

"You can take more stuff, we have time. We can go to other stores if you want." A warm feeling spreads in my chest at his insistance but I actually dont really need much. I just wanted to get out of the house for a change.

"No really. I'm fine, I dont need more. Thank you." I smile and walk towards the counter.

He pays for it and we walk out of the store, his arm casually hung on my shoulder.

"Do you like chinese food?" He asks me. Does he really think i've had chinese food? "I've never had it." I admit softly. "What? You're telling me you've never had chinese? You're like 15, I'm sure you've had it with your friends."

I stare at him blankly. "We never got any at the foster house, and I'm 17." He face softens as realisation dawns on him. "Oh." He clears his throat, "Right, I forgot. Okay, well you're gonna love it." He assures.

"When is Louis coming?" I ask him, I feel so much more comfortable around him and i'd really appreciate it if he comes early.

"Oh he's already waiting for us."

Good.

*******

(

a/n) im alive 👁️👁️