Chapter Fifty-nine

The worth in death

"B-Bellemy, stop!"

Every step I took was a beat in my heart. A fuel in my soul for a fight. My conclusion to what will happen was uncertain, running to him was an uncertain decision. Leaving my daughter would be a stab in my chest. But I trusted the love we had.

Our plans shattered and faded, I can't accept that. Tama na ang pagmaang-maangan ko at pagdadala sa bawat pangyayari.

"W-Warren! Oh, god... Bellemy..." Nanginginig na boses ni Andromeda sa likuran.

Nabaling sakin ang mga sundalong nakapalibot. Tumupok ang kaba sakin nang magsitakbuhan sila patungo si direksyon ko. I was planning to jump out the rope.

"Stop her! She's not allowed to go out!"

Hindi ako nakinig sa mga sigaw ng sundalo. Iniiwasan ko ang bawar harang nila sakin at tumatakbo patungo sa iba pang direksyon. Whenever I would try to hold the rope, they are running after me and blocked my way.

"Worth..." Sinubukan kong tawagin siya. Nakaharang na ang mga sundalo sa harapan ko at hindi ko na siya makita sa paningin ko. But I know he's getting further away from here...

"You need to go back!" The senior officer shouted at me.

I ran to a different direction again. I tried to loose them by running back and forth. I flinched when one of them pointed a gun on me. Namayani ang sigaw ni Andromeda sa likod ko at ang iyak ng anak ko at mga batang hawak niya. Hindi pinansin ang nakatutukot na baril sakin at umalis sa pagkapako sa posisyon ko.

There's no way they could put a bullet on me.

"Shit... Stop that woman! She's out of her mind!"

I finally had the chance to grasp the rope. I held it firm and glance at the livid soldiers storming towards me. My body stiffened at their faces, furious and dismayed on my action. But they can't stop me. I'm sorry.

Ito ang pipiliin ko.

Ieldra Sol was right. Ngayon ko lang napagtanto ang sinabi niya sa oras na 'to. The mountain still needs it's angel. I have to cross the line and be who I was born to be. As someone who live up here, in behalf of the radiance of the people and children living peacefully here with me, and my mother's memory, I'm not yet leaving this mountain. I am the only one who had the will to stay here.

I am not leaving without him.

He was worth this risk.

Mabilis kong pinasok ang sarili ko palabas sa lubid. I was about to run my way to Worth but so grabbed a hold of me.

"I got her!" Sigaw ng babaeng sundalo sa mga kasamahan.

Hinila niya ang braso at nagulat ako sa lakas niya. She manage to pull me back. My back touching the thick rope. In the of my eyes, the others extending their hand in attempt to push me back inside.

"Are stupid?! You can't go out there!"

My eyes averted to Worth's direction. He's getting further and further.

I took my strength and breathed in before pulling my wrist from the woman. Bahagya pa siyang nagulat na sanhi ng pagkawala niya sa balanse. Kinuha ko ang chansang makatakbo. Pero ilang hakbang palang ang nagagawa ko ay may humili muli sakin pabalik.

Hindi inalintana ang mga luha ko sa mata at masamang tinitigan ang mga nakahawak sakin. Humugot ako ng malalim na hininga at pinihit ang ulo sa direksyon ng lalaking mahal ko.

"Worth!" I shouted.

I pulled my hands with force but they have no plans on letting me go. Sinimulan na nila akong hilahin pabalik.