Chapter Thirty-nine

The angel of the mountain

If he won't come back. I know, I will still see him soon.

--

Five days after Andromeda's visit, I wasn't feeling well.

I had a fever and mild headaches. Nitong mga nakaraang araw bigla-bigla nalang akong nawawalan ng balanse. Minsan ay bigla nalang akong masusuka. It started bothering me.

"Bellemy?"

Salubong na tawag sakin ni Andromeda na kakapasok lang sa bahay ko. She slightly knocked and peaked inside.

It's the day of her visit here again. Halos isang linggo ko rin siyang hindi nakita.

I get up from my seat and held my forehead. Everytime I would seat up from laying, my sight would go dizzy. Sumasakit din bigla ang ulo ko.

Natigilan ako.

Pumikit ako at umungol ng bahagya nang umikot na naman ang paningin ko.

I'm really not feeling well.

I lazily opened my eyes and looked at her. Kunot-noong nahuli ko siyang nakatitig sakin.

"Are you okay?" litong tanong niya nang mapansin ang kalagayan ko.

I yawned before nodding at her. "Naaantok lang siguro ako."

Maybe just a little effect of the change of weather. It's getting rainy lately.

Tumango siya bago mahinang naglakad papalapit sakin.

Her eyes played behind the strands her of hair. She hesitatedly cleared her throat and looked down, bitting her lower lip. Her steps were slow and careful.

Tumikhim siya ulit at kagat pa rin ang labi habang umupo sa gilid ng upuan ko sa tapat ng nakabukas na pintuan. She opened her mouth and fold it afterwards, trying to hide the smile escaping her lips.

Kumunot ang noo ko. Her movement confused me.

"What?" tanong ko.

Tumiwad siya ng upo. She took her hands together before looking at me. She breathed and the smile escaped her lips.

"You need to see something."

She took something out from her pocket. Her phone.

She did a few taps on the screen before placing it on my hand.

Agad akong naguluhan sa hawak ko. "Anong gagawin ko dito? I don't how to use this.."

Binigyan niya lang ako ng magaan na ngiti.

My eyes remained confused looking at her.

"Bellemy Rose, you have been told to the entire world. I saw this live broadcast yesterday. It was on every satellite on the planet."

May pinindot siya sa hawak ko. Bahagyang napapikit ako sa ilaw nito na tumama sa mukha ko.

"Hello.. Hello? Is this thing on?"

I gasped on that familiar voice.

Agad bumaba ang tingin ko sa bagay na hawak ko na pinanggagalingan ng boses. I brought it near to my face.

I saw a man standing on a stage located on a balcony of a white building. Beside and behind him were man wearing elegant suits and a few soldiers. There were also people seating on the sits behind him.

Faces of advocated men and women were sited on those sits along with their elegant dresses and formal attires.

I stared at each one of them. There was a woman with a beautiful white skin, beside her was another woman with black or darkened part on her brown skin. She looks like someone with a skin disorder. And another woman was sited on the last row. Her eyes were small and sharp, red lips, and pale skin wearing a Chinese dress.