Chapter Fifty-five

Looking at him inside was stiffening. I knew he was capable of doing something like this. But, I didn't know watching him could sent shivers to my spine.

"Good day, Vosche Walter." Pag-uumpisa ni Worth.

He quietly pulled out the chair ahead from Walter. He sat down and positioned his elbows on the edge of the table. Sumandal siya sa upuan at tinitigan lang ang matanda.

Silence surfaced in the room. Walter settled on his sit and kept his mouth shut. Bumalik na ang matigas na ekspresyon sa mukha nito. He leaned back on his chair too and tried to play along with Worth's initimidating stares.

Worth sighed in dismayal. "I hate wasting time," he blattered out. "Tell me... how are you? How were the prison cells and your incorrigible trials?"

I was surprise by his tone. He sounded like having a normal conversation, with a criminal. With the man who shot him. I breathed in and folded my arms. I maintained my steady breathing to some of the soldiers who were observing me.

"I am not talking to you!" Walter suddenly shouted. Napaalis siya sa pagkasandal sa upuan at bahagyang umabante ang upuan.

He glared at Worth with his bloodshot eyes and traced his long beard. Almost reaching his neck and grayish. He leaned back on his chair.

"Your father couldn't make me, what makes him think that you could?" He flustered a smirk.

"No one can make me, man. No one. I have been interrogated for months, yet no lead was resulted from my responses. How long are you all planning to waste your time for this? Am I that beneficial?" He mocked a laugh on his question like he finds it amusing.

Worth didn't show any interest and conserved his blank stare. He began to tap his fingers on the table. As if counting the seconds this man had for talking his statements.

In my mind, I was thinking about Worth's strategy on this point. He seemed waiting... waiting for Walter to bait himself first.

"For many years, I have been a grateful man. I'm sure you are too, Sergeant. We were both the same... Serving the people. Serving the Nations even if it meant sacrificing a few for the most." He continued. His eyes averted to the table and his fingertips began drawing circles on it.

"You see, this..." He draw one circle. "is my Legion. This..." He draw another one on a different edge. "the People." He muttered. He glanced up at Worth before drawing the third one. "And this one, is the small sacrifice." His lips rose into smirk before lifting his playful eyes to Worth again.

He was referring to me.

Nasentro ang tingin ko sa reaksyon ni Worth. He was just leaning on his palm on the table while listening to Walter's narration. His fingers on his face started to play with his lower lip as if he's trying to have a good look on what the criminal in front of him was pointing out.

My fingers unconciously reach for my lips as well. I licked my lower lip while staring at his lips. It was slightly forming into a pout on his forefinger. Eagerly tempting...

Napailing ako sa sarili at binaba ang kamay. Pinaaalahanan ko ang sariling umayos.

"These three were connected, Sergeant. For a better sake. A way in continuing life, and extending the survival of this planet. I'm telling you that the virus, was our only hope for reduction, and revolution. We can't accept this kind of world. Young man, you need to see my perspective as a politician," Tumukod siya sa lamesa at bahagyang inilapit ang mukha kay Worth para bumulong. "If I didn't do it, then who will have the stomach to?"

Ni minsan ay hindi ko nakita ang sariling magkaroon ng tenga para sa taong ito. Pero ngayon, hindi rin maiwasang mapaisip.

His words... how could he manage to speak them? On his words, it might be a smart thing to do. A wise reason. An acceptable decision. His outlook was insightful. But still, it wasn't just.