Chapter Twenty-one

Apocalypse

Worth said that the ambience at Mount Hundor was peaceful. I can't tell the same. It was quiet and freeing, sure. That was my first impression of the place, I wish I could still say the same.

Hindi ko na iyon masasabi pagkatapos ng lahat. I was never in a happy place but in a escape.

Mount Hundor kept me hidden while the rest of the world was paying the price of my trails. Sumpa ang buong pagkatao ko. Sa lahat ng pwedeng kalalagyan ng sakit na ito, sa akin pa talaga nanatili itong buhay.

Siguro ay nagsinungaling rin sakin noon ang nanay ko. Alam na niya ang tungkol kay Iris noon pa man kaya mabilis siyang tumakas, mabilis niya akong tinakas mula sa lahat. Saan ako napunta ngayon?

Binalik niya lang ako sa kung saan ako nararapat.

Sapat na ba ang sampung taong tinatawag kong buhay ko? I think it would've been enough. Sa ibang sirkumstansya, siguro mas pipiliin kong bumalik rito para pagbayaran lahat ng kapabayaan ko.

Buong buhay ko ni hindi man lang inisip na posible pa lang mangyari ito sa mundo. I never cared. I was too busy living the best out of my definite life, trying to make it look like a normal one. Don't I deserve that too?

I'm sorry that I tried. I remembered my old room, the old one. Back in years ago, the one without any holes and windows. Where I refused to look outside, where I caged myself.

Sinubukan ko lang naman mamuhay ng matiwasay, di bale na kahit malayo at mag-isa.

I didn't know I was already resulting an apocalypse.

"The virus was comfortable in her body. It's not harming her all these years because there's something in her blood that kept them alive. The virus can't kill her. She's infected and at the same time, immune."

Hindi ko na alam kung gaano ako katagal na nakapikit lang. I can hear them but I can't open my eyes.

"What does that mean, doctor? Should we proceed to termination? This information will expose our secret,"

What was that again, Worth? You will be my shield? Where are you now, soldier? You let them take me away right in front of your eyes..

Kung naririnig mo lang ang mga naririnig ko ngayon..

"No, not yet. We will get to that. I want to test her with this one, first. Let's see if how her body and virus reacts.."

Wala akong may nararamdaman. Haven't they done too much? I'm completely numb. This is familiar, if I'm numb, my body is at it's breaking point.

Was this still lawful like the marshal said?

"Is it not strange that her mother wasn't infected, doctor?"

"The virus has it's enigma. I conclude that maybe it was aware of it's surroundings, and the host's for a long time. Causes them to grown found of the mother because she's keeping them safe too. It also recognized the environment--the mountain," The familiar voice said. Doctor Floraza.

"Based on the disk--Andromeda, the trigger happened when they went down from the mountain. This was interesting. The virus' peace was broken, causing it to be defensive, harming the host. The mountain became it's habitat. The air, the plants, everything above there is capable of it's restoration. Which only means one thing.."

"..this girl can't die because of it. It's been with her for too long that it became a part of her," She snorted. "I knew it.. Ten years ago, she's the one who led me to find it."