Chapter Forty-two

Home

It was late afternoon when Andromeda decided to go back down. She needs to leave. Mahihirapan siyang bumaba kapag magpapagabi pa siya at maabutan ng dilim.

"Next week, okay? Alalahanin mo naman." sambit niya at kumalas ng yakap mula sakin.

Natatawang tumango ako.

"Okay, doctor."

She giggled before leaning down to my stomach. "See you soon, cutie. Tita can't wait to hold you.." she sweetly whispered. Umangat ang tingin niya sakin at ngumisi.

"Oh, my god. I'm warning you, huwag mo akong paglihian, Bellemy. If you don't want him or her to be a bitch." she warned.

"Wala naman akong balak. I'm prefer craving for cherries.." sagot ko.

Tumingkad na siya. "Good." Pinukulan niya ako ng tingin.

"And stop climbing hills. Mapapaanak na niyan ng maaga, eh."

Tumawa nalang ako sa kanya at binigyan siya ng tango.

She grabbed her bag and gave a one last hug again before walking out the door. I followed her to the door and leaned on the wooden wall. I watched her walking downwards with her wavy hair and long boots, walking really classy.

When she's finally out of my sight, I closed the door and went inside. I didn't mind locking it.

Usually, these hours I would spent walking near the river but I want to rest. Ngayon ko lang ata naramdaman ang pagod para sa araw na ito. Madalas gabi na at patulog na ako nang makaramdam ng pagod para sa buong araw. Today's a little different and I don't know why.

I ate dinner and took the vitamins Andromeda left for me and the baby. I have a few more bowls of cherries before changing my dress for sleeping.

Sinindihan ko ang kandila sa harapan ng litrato ni nanay sa kwarto niya. I muttered a short prayer before heading back to my room to check my belly. Lumalaki na ito.

I was in front of the mirror, my long dressed pulled up to my chest and my hair pushed back. Tumagilid ako para titigan iyon. It's starting to get obvious and I'm happy to see that is. This is the most beautiful sight I saw in myself.

To watch the baby inside me grow.

Ngumiti ako habang tinititigan ang sarili ko. Ilang minuto ko pang pinagmasdan iyon bago binaba na ang pantulog ko. Sinuklay ko ng mga daliri ko ang mahaba ng buhok ko. Lampas bewang ko na iyon.

Andromeda won't let me cut it. She said I can't cut my hair while I'm pregnant because it's bad luck. Wala namang problema sakin.

Umalis na ako sa harap ng salamin at pumunta sa higaan ko. Maingat akong humiga roon.

I won't sleep just yet. I still want to play the little one first. Whenever I lay down, it was kicking really hard and I would try touch the spot where it was kicking, hoping I would feel it's toes.

Living alone would be hard for me but with this baby, it wouldn't be so bad. The pain was still there. From my mother, to Worth, to myself. I feel like everyone left me and I was left here to rot in this mountain. I can't leave because I have nowhere else to go.

But then I was given this chance to surpass all of my days.

I wouldn't even think for regrets. I'm feel like I'm carrying the sky. And slowly, I will pull it down to meet the mountain peak and when it finally does, the sky will touch the mountain. And it will be the perfect place to stay.

"Aw.."

Napadaing ako nang malakas na sumipa ulit iyon. I immediately caressed it with my hand to calm him or her down. Masyadong paggalaw ang ginagawa nito ngayong araw. Yesterday, it wasn't this so much moving and kicking.