Chapter Fifty-three

Ends of time

3 months later...

Napaungol ako sa sakit sa loob ng banyo. Hawak-hawak ang sinapupunan ay napapikit ako ng mariin. Narinig ko ang yapak ng pagtakbo sa likod ko. Ilang segundo naramdaman kong may marahang palad ang humaplos sa pisngi ko pababa sa braso at likod ko. 

"It's time?" He's on a rush, and excitement.

I shook my head for a no. I still have few weeks before that day.

My fists unclenched when the pain finally decreased. I breathed out and open my eyes, looking up at the mirror on the sink. My lips parted and formed into a smile when I saw sweats pouring down his forehead to his naked upper body. I noticed the flower pot he was holding on his other hand, his whole arm was covered with dirt.

He scratch the back his neck and mussed his hair. His face scolding at me of whathe thought I did again. Tumalikod siya dala-dala ang maduming paso.

"I wasn't pretending this time. Sumakit naman talaga," Tumawa ako sa inasta niya. I turned around to him and leaned my back on sink. Tinupi ko ang braso kong tinignan ang natigilan niyang likod.

"Bakit? Anong gagawin mo kung manganganak na talaga ako? You wouldn't know how to assist me, and here you are. Confident at any time." Humagalpak ulit ako ng tawa at umiling-iling. Pinasadahan ko ulit ng tingin ang buong katawan niya. I'm guessing he forgot to put down the flower and just run his way here.

His head move to his side. I saw how his lips rose and eyes wandered it's way back to me.

"I'll figure it out. I'm sure it wasn't that hard to help you give birth. You obey to me to easily this days." He pledged.

I raised a brow. I moved away from the sink and walked to him. Dumaan ako sa gilid niya at hinarap ang kakaiba niyang mukha.

My Worth became more tanner, and ripped.

I tilt my head. "Hmm..." I wiped the dirt on his jaw with my thumb and remained my hand on his neck. "What are you doing? Ang dumi mo ngayon," I asked when I noticed dusts and small leaves on his hair and neck.

"I was extending the garden's fences. Naghukay..." He muttered while I removed the dusts from his hair.

Kumuha ako ng panyo sa gilid at pinagpagan ang braso't leeg niya. I muffed his hair too to douse the dusts off. He was staring at my face and behaving as I clean him up.

"Maligo ka," utos ko. Kinuha ko ang braso niya at pinunasan rin iyon.

"This won't wipe it all. You need a bath, Worth."

I went back to his face and hold his jaw to clean the sweats on his face. Bumuntong hininga siya sa harapan ko at hinawakan ang braso kong pumupunas sa kanya.

"Bellemy," he stopped my hands. "Seriously, now. Does it hurt? Do you think it's time? Were you having contractions?"

Umiling ako.

"Yesterday, it was like this too." dugtong niya.

Umiling ulit ako. "I'm familiar to the pain. If it's different, I would know..." Tumango ako sa kanya bilang panigurado.

In three months, I would be familiar with this. Hindi naman ganun kahirap kilalanin ang mga nangyayari sa katawan ko. As long as I have the focus to see my child born healthy and safe. And if I'm dedicated and committed enough for the time I would be delivering soon.

Hinintay ko ang sasabihin ni Worth. He was still not convinced. I smiled when the idea hit me. I took both of his hands and guided them to my belly.