Chapter Forty-nine

Tears

"Hold still, Worth! Ano ba 'yan, hindi ko na tuloy napantay..." I complained and almost dropped the scissor I'm holding.

Napakamot ako at tinitigan ang buhok ni Worth. It's not aligned properly. It doesn't look good either. I've been cutting his hair over and over again until it was too short and uneven.

Dumaing ako. I think I just ruined his hair.

"I'm not moving a muscle, Bellemy. I haven't move a muscle since you started three hours ago," he complained too. He sighed in frustration and run his hands through his mussed hair.

"Just hold still..." I went back to his neck. Carefully trying to line the bottom portion again.

I concentrated. My hands shaking while leveling his hair. Pigil hininga kong dinadahan-dahan ang pagupit roon. I caught Worth's disagreeing look on the mirror he's facing.

I heard him scoffed. "Baby, come on..."

Hindi ko siya pinansin. I'm not even done yet! He can't get up, not until we're finished. Kasalanan din naman niya. He wanted this haircut and I obliged to do it. It's getting longer day by day, touching his shoulders already.

Cutting was not new to me. I've been cutting my own hair for how many years. I considered it a skill. Hindi ko lang inakalang ganito pala kahirap gupitan si Worth.

"It's short enough, Bellemy. You've done a great job. Can we stop now?"

Umiling ako. "Wait..." I can't talk since I'm focusing on his hair. He groaned again when I didn't answer him.

I stole a glance on him on the mirror. Napangiti ako ng wala sa oras.

He's pouting while looking at me.

Tumawa ko at umiling-iling sa mukha niya. "Few more strands. Did you learned you lesson? Don't make me do this again," I muttered and brought back my attention to his hair.

"Yes. I would never let you do this again. We'll take the whole day just for this..." He breathed out in annoyance. "And you're getting stubborn."

Tumawa nalang ako sa likod niya. I looked at him, giggling on the frustrating grunt on his face. Napaiwas siya ng tingin at dahan-dahang napangiti rin.

"It's been a week. Will your father come today?" I asked after a long silence between us.

"I'm not sure. It was hard to enter the mountain from below. He will get caught if he took the sky," He hold the handle of the chair he's sitting. "but, we do have our ways. We'll see, baby."

Natahimik ako bago ulit nagsalita.

"I heard what you told him..."

He didn't look bothered. Bumaling lang siya sakin at bumuntong hininga. "I know. I can't stop myself. I was so mad because they were here. I asked to have a long rest, with you. And here we are again,"

"He will ask me to leave again. I can tell whenever he needs me for something." He clenched his jaw and stared at my face. I looked away from him. Hindi ko nakayanang panatilihin ang tingin ko sa kanya.

"Will you?" I asked calmly.

"No."

I put the scissor down. His hair was fine now. It's not that good but I can say it was neat enough. I removed the towel from his neck and walk to the sink. His eyes followed me.

I saw on the side of my eyes he got up from the chair and started cleaning. I sighed and continued washing up the towel. Minutes passed and I felt his arms wrapped around me. His jaw on my shoulder, his breathing hitting the back of my neck. He hugged me from behind.

See You Soon, Soldier (Ambience Series #1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara