Chapter Twenty-five

Fell

No matter how many times I told myself that it's okay to have this life, I ended up lying to myself once more.

No matter how many times that I try to live the best out of it, there's still a part of me, wishing that I just died many years ago.

"Not done yet?" I glanced up at Worth.

He looked down on me and gave me a small chuckle before kissing my forehead. Bumalik ang atensyon niya sa ginagawa.

I returned my gaze to our view. The ocean of clouds and the setting sun.

Hindi ako umalis sa tabi niya buong araw. He's still blaming himself for Stuart's sudden death. It shocked me, how everything happened so fast and unexpected.

I still remember Stuart's smirks and dedicated eyes. Bumalik sa isipan ko ang araw na nilabas nila ako sa pasilidad na iyon. Ang gigil sa sigaw niya habang patuloy sa pagputok ng baril niya at ang nanlilisik na mga mata. He's one of the few people with passion burning on their souls.

I don't know much about him but, he deserved a long life after every battle he had for many people.

Bumaling ulit ako kay Worth. We spent the whole day with each other. I want to be with him while he's taking his time to recover from his friend's death. It also made me more scared for him.

Tinitigan ko siya ng matagal.

He's busy making me a flower crown. He took different flowers from my garden for this. Seryoso ang mukha niya habang iniisa-isang tinatali ang mga bulaklak sa isa't isa.

After what happened inside his tent, I began to count every second I could have with him. Not because I'm dying but because he'll be leaving soon.

To do his duty for the world, and to risk his life, again.

Secretary Walter plans to finish us all in this mountain. Every people here is a witness against his secrets and other world leaders who coincide with him. And above all, Doctor Floraza's mad science and stupidity that ruined the world.

Funny how all the people hated me and wanted me dead for the only thing they were told about me. Only few people knew that I'm still alive, even if the whole world already does. Only a few because they were the only ones who matter to me.

But here am I. Dying, yet still trying to have something that came from me--a cure. And it wasn't just for me but, for the infected people out there who hated me, too.

Maybe I don't have a place in the world. I did tried to find a place above here but, this place is still visible down there and look what it is now. A targetted place to ambushed.

Maybe I don't have a place in the world but, I know where I can find a home.

Hindi ko alam na gumuhit na pala ang ngiti sa labi ko habang pinagmamasdan siya.

He took a glimpse at me and raised a brow. He smirked. "Enjoying the view, miss?"

Tumango ako. "Yes, sergeant."

Lumapad ang ngiti niya. I missed his smiles like that. I wish I could see more of it before he goes.

"Looks like you prefer me than the sunset now." aniya at kumindat pa.

Napailing ako at bumaba ang tingin sa mga pinitas niyang mga bulaklak ko at napanguso. He said that it's time to create something out of my hardwork on keeping them alive.

I feel bad for my flowers. After all the years of keeping them attached to the ground. Hindi ko aakalaing napapayag ako ni Worth na pitasin sila para sa gagawin niyang koro-korona.