Chapter Fifty-one

Everlasting

In the light of the days passed, the walks and runs of my difficult life. The years I've lived without even knowing what life was exactly all about. I only have few people to love. Fewer than few, and impermanent. Time is cruel when you are loving. Because it's either it won't last, or in a blink, it will disappear right in front of you.

I'm getting married. Wherever our vows will be held, kept, and written, it will be everlasting.

Worth will finally fulfill me a promise. A promise that will remain a promise until times fades. He will fulfill it on the place, where every one down there was suspecting now.

"N-Natatakot ako..." I whispered to Andromeda.

I wanted to run, to backed out because of so much people out there. The moment I peeked behind the white curtain where I was hid, I knew all of my remaining confidence flew away from my body and I paled.

Worth invited the whole village up here.

The children were running along in piles of flowers and grasses. Habang ang mga magulang nila ay tanaw-tanaw lang ng may ngiti da labi ang patag ng paligid. Ang iba ay nakaupo sa kanya-kanyang kahoy na upuan, o sa sanga ng mga kahoy. Meron ding nakatingin sa direksyo ko na mga matatanda at sabay-sabay mapapahawak sa kani-kanilabg dibdib ng may kagaanan sa mga mukha.

I closed the curtains shut. "I can't do this..."

Andormeda rolled her eyes and finished putting roses on my hair she braided.

"What happened to the claiming of his last name? Get your shit together, Bellemy. You're feeling normal. This was every girl's reaction before their wedding." Bumaba ang tingin niya sakin at ngumiti.

"Don't waste my cousin's effort. He didn't slept last night, preparing for this," she laughed and looked around the simple setting of where our wedding would be held.

In my garden. Worth did added few arrangements on his own last night while I was asleep. The branches he took from the trees were aligned as an aisle, with bouquet of flowers hanged up on them. White petals were scattered on the green grass where I would be walking barefoot towards him.

There was an arch on the end of the aisle. Facing the cliff and two mountains afar. A long white fabric was tied up on the sides, crossing in the center. Swayed by the wind to complete it's beautiful and simple art.

He did everything.

Andromeda scoffed. "He suddenly wants to marry you by the next day. I was so damn baffled! What happened to him? He said this was urgent, to marry you..."

Napatitig ako sa kanya.

My hands were shaking when I touched her braids to my hair. It was a bit messy but, elegant. Few strands fall to the sides of my face and tide up in laces at the back. She add up white and red roses together and my both sided in-line with the tangles.

"And I do want too. But, there were strangers watching us," I softly spoke.

She raised her brow with a obvious smile lurking on her face. Her eyes were glassy. Bumuntong hininga siya at kinuha ang dalawang kamay ko.

"Strangers are better as witnesses for this day. They will look at both of you without judgement, only clearness and pure joy for the both of you. They are most happy."

Her words made me smile. The beating of my heart pumped harder in bliss.

"Thank you, Andromeda. You're always there for me," I bit my tongue trying to hide my tears.