24.

I knew for a fact that this person had something to do with Jessie's death, it wasn't a question anymore. But I know I have to find more out about Liam and what happened between he and Jessie.
The funeral had only made my mind race even more- I grab my notepad and begin to write down the events that Jessie had told me in order from her meeting Liam to her coming in to work crying.
All of this thinking makes my eyes grow tired, I turn over on the couch with a blanket before sleep falls over me.

The sound of my phone ringing wakes me up from a deep sleep, I look at my clock- 7:00pm as I sit up I grab my phone and answer it.

"Hello?" I sleepily speak.'

"Hey you, I've been trying to reach you all day. Are you okay?" It's Paul- he sounds worried, I can almost imagine the relief on his face now that I've answered the phone.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I fell asleep after I got home from the funeral..." My voice trails off and I grab a glass from the cupboard filling it with water.

"Don't apologize, I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. But can you open the door? This bag of takeout is really heavy." He chuckles.

A smile spreads on my face and I open the front door feeling joyful to see him. He sets the takeout bag on the table he turns to hug me tightly and his warmth envelopes me. I really do love him.

"I missed you." He murmurs into my hair. I close my eyes and nuzzle my face in the nape of his neck.

"I missed you, too" I breathe softly.

We break our hug and I grab two plates and forks as Paul takes the delicious smelling oriental food out from the bag.

"How did it go?" Paul questions, referring to the funeral I give him a small smile.

"It was sad, but it was nice to meet her mom officially." I take a bite of food, after I swallow my bite I take a sip of water.

"I'm sorry. I would have come to support you..." He begins.

"I know, I just felt like it was something I needed to do on my own. But I found something out today." I respond. Paul had offered to go with me to the funeral, but I insisted that I would be fine going alone.

"What?" Paul asks raising a brow.

"I met Jessie's ex girlfriend at the funeral today. She told me none of us really knew her, like, Jessie had a separate life or something." I tap my fingers on the rim of my glass in deep thought at Regina's words.

"Maybe she's right, maybe Jessie did have some sort of a secret life that no one really knew about." He says gently.

"Was Liam there?" He asks curiously.

"No, he wasn't that I know of, I didn't hear anyone mention his name, but then again, I have absolutely no idea what this guy looks like so who knows." My voice responds, Paul nods.

"Jessie's ex said she was cheating on her with some guy, I am assuming it's Liam. But I don't know." I say feeling emotionally exhausted- he places his hand on mind from across the table and gives me a sympathetic expression.

"And I got a call from that number again today." I tell him, he frowns softly.

"Well did you answer it?" He questions.

"Yes, I did." I admit. "I got pretty upset, I was demanding they tell me who they were but of course they didn't. They just said I would find out 'soon enough'." I respond.

"I wouldn't take anymore calls from whoever this is, whoever it is it's clearly someone mentally unstable." Paul says cautioning me.

"I know... They called me about a week ago when I was leaving work one night too, I answered that top of course, but I wish I wouldn't have. It was very creepy." I explain softly.  "Anyway... Can we talk about something else?" I ask nervously smiling.