69.

The golden sun casts a glow over the lavender sky as the sun begins to rise, I am not sure what time it is but it must be early now if the sun is coming up. Paul and Sam still haven't returned yet, but I wouldn't know if they came back to Sam and Emily's house anyway— I had to go hunt again. I'm fully aware now that hunting on their land isn't ok from what I remember being told before.

So I've began at the other side of town to find a deer near the park, I'm just so thirsty. It's driving me crazy the way this burn in my throat feels, it's unlike anything I've ever known. When I finally find a deer I don't hesitate to hunt it down swiftly and try to be as neat as possible, I don't want to be seen by a hiker with blood on my shirt or to even be seen. I have a feeling if a human were to find out what I am or even catch me hunting it just wouldn't go well for either of us.

When I arrive back to Sam's house, the sun is shining down on me from front of the house. My eyes travel to my exposed arms and hands in complete wonder— My skin looks like the inside of a geode full of crystals, diamonds in the sun, the most beautiful shimmer I've ever seen.

My eyes stare down at my new skin, I'm stunned by this beauty but I know what will happen know if I were to ever go out in the sunlight now. Still, it's better than bursting into flames from the sun or anything of the sort from the Dracula movie I watched when I was in high school. My head snaps up from my arms as the front door opens, it's Paul— his eyes travel over me as he seems to have the same breath taken expression on his face from the sight of my new skin.

"You're too stunning to be real." He speaks in astonishment, "You've always been too stunning to be real."

Within a fraction of a second I'm standing in front of him, our foreheads resting against each other's while our hands connect.

"I've missed you." I exhale quietly.

I can feel the coolness of my breath on the corners of my lips. Paul doesn't hesitate to kiss me, his hands press gently to my cheeks as we stand there together while the world seems to be on pause again. I take in his new taste, he no longer tastes as I remember.
This time he tastes the way he smells to me, it's the same fruit, honey, and vanilla scent but this time in a flavor that lingers on my tongue.

As he deepens the kiss, the sound of his quickened heart beat fills my ears as his warm arms wrap around my waist. But I don't feel the need to hurt him, I don't have the same burn in my throat as I did with the deer, or the light burn in my throat I had around Sam last night.

No, I don't feel that way around Paul— It's as if I've never turned into a vampire around him, these instincts to kill grow mute when I am around him. He is still my Paul, I don't have the same urge around him like I do when I see a deer nearby. Our lips part, he exhales trying to catch his breath— I smile before opening my eyes. I've never noticed how his breathing sounds like the ocean waves, it's astonishing to me.

"You sound beautiful." I tell him.

"The sound of my breathing?" He asks, I nod.

"Yes. It's like the ocean waves. Even your voice, it sounds like piano music." I respond calmly.

I'm still so stunned at the way the world looks to me now, it's like my ears and eyes have finally been uncovered. Paul grins showing me his perfect teeth and the same giddy feeling washes over me, he still makes me feel nervous like before— That won't ever change.

"I guess we both like those sounds from each other, you can just hear them better than before, now." He tells me and places a kiss to my forehead. I look up at him as our eyes lock.

"Where did you go last night?" My voice softens.

He quickly looks away for a moment before meeting my eyes again.