20.

"It was him Paul, I just know it." I tell him.

I sigh feeling frustrated as I close my eyes and lean back into my couch. Paul holds my hand and rubs it gently as my legs rest on him lap. After I got home from work tonight, I ended up frantically calling him and asked him to come over after what had happened tonight in the parking lot. Being home by myself tonight is far from what I want, my hands are still shaking.

"I'm not doubting you. I'm just trying to figure out how he could have found your new phone number and found out where you are, if it really is him." He says in a gentle voice.

"I don't know." I whisper with a deep sigh- I feel so hopeless and part of me feels like I'm going a little crazy.    "Maybe I am losing my mind. Maybe I'm really over analyzing things. I mean, I moved states away from Colorado. There's just no way he could have found me, this has to be some big coincidence with everything and my extreme paranoia."

"I don't think you're losing your mind. I think you've been through a lot and you're afraid because you haven't heard from Jessie. I know all of this is scary- you getting the phone calls and the flowers you found at your doorstep. I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect you, I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you- But I'm going to keep you safe" He says. His voice is strong but his eyes hold an emotion of adoration for me.

"Thank you" I whisper softly.

"I can't help but feel guilty about the way things have turned out. I don't want to bring my trauma and my past into your life, you means too much to me and I'm afraid you will eventually get tired of all of this and leave." I tell him.

I really don't mean to say any of that out loud, it came out like word vomit and it was completely unintentional that Paul hear me say that. He furrows his brows for a second and slowly shakes his head for a moment.

"Willow, that will never happen—I could never leave you....You don't know what you mean to me, do you?" He says lowly.

Paul leans in closer to me and places a kiss on my lips. I feel a smile growing on my lips and I lean into his chest. His arms wrap around me and I let his warmth overtake me like a blanket as I close my eyes.

Maybe this isn't what I think it is, maybe I'm just letting my paranoia get the best of me. Tonight could have been all just one big coincidence- a lot of people know that song and anyone could have requested to play it. How could he have known to play it right when I got in my car? Impossible. He doesn't even know where I am. For all I know, the person who has been calling me could just be some sick prank caller who gets off on scaring others.

I decide to stop thinking about tonight and focus on the sound of Paul's heartbeat- it makes me feel peaceful and calm. With each soft beat I can feel my eyes growing heavier and heavier with the need for sleep- I decide to stop fighting the urge and I close my eyes.

I open my eyes to find myself on the couch in a fluffy blanket, as I sit up and look around the room I don't see Paul. I make my way to the kitchen- Paul is standing in front of the stove making breakfast while the smell of coffee breezes through the air.

"Good morning." I say cheerily as I wrap my arms around Paul, he places a kiss on the top of my head

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asks.

He stirs the chopped vegetables and adds them to the egg omelettes he's made for us.

"I slept good, did you stay in that position all night?" I ask referring to me falling asleep on top of him last night.

"Well I tried want to wake you, but it turns out you're a heavy sleeper so I got you a blanket and then slept on the other end of the couch." He smiles.

"You didn't want to sleep in my bed?" I ask him softly- I feel bad for falling asleep on the couch.

"I wanted to sleep by you." Paul says and I feel a smile growing on my face.

"Oh. Well, thank you for staying over. I really appreciate it." I say softly. Paul brings our plates to the table.

"Of course." He replies cooly.

"This is kind of our thing, isn't it?" I ask him as get two coffee mugs from the cupboard- without paying attention I grab two random colored mugs and fill them with coffee and creamer.

"What is?" Paul asks as he takes a bite of his food.

"Breakfast together and coffee." I say as I set the coffee mugs at the table and take my seat. "We're always doing it."

A small smile forms on my lips and Paul smiles now as well.

"Yes, I think that is our thing. I like it." He says as he takes a sip of his coffee.

After Paul and I finish our breakfast we wash our plates and put the silverware and dishes away to dry. We clean up the kitchen together and be sits on the couch after we finish- I decide on taking a quick shower since I didn't last night. He insists that he doesn't mind waiting on me while I get ready for the day- it's only eight am. After blow drying my hair, I get dressed in a pair of jeans and I thin sweater before joining him on the couch.

My phone buzzes and I check it to see a message from my manager Andrea.

Can you fill in for Jessie right now? She still isn't answering my calls. Either she quit on us or something is wrong.
My stomach drops and I try to push away the thoughts of worry that begin to flood my mind.

"I have to go into work." I say nervously as I get up from my spot.

"Oh, everything ok?" Paul asks me with a worried expression. I begin walking down the hallway to my room as I talk loud enough for Paul to hear me as I change into my work clothes.

"Yeah, everything is fine-I think. My boss asked me to come into work so I can fill in for Jessie." I explain.

I throw my hair up in a half up half down manner with the top half in a low ponytail and the rest fanning outside around me. As I walk back out to the living room I see Paul with his shoes on and his keys in his hand.

"Let me drive you to work, and I'll pick you up tonight. I want to make sure you're safe." He insists.

At first I'm hesitant to let him drive me to work because I don't want him to feel obligated or like he has to babysit me. I know he's trying to look out for me though, I should just appreciate it.

"Are you sure?" I ask him hesitantly.

"Yes, I'm sure." He tells me.

"Okay." I say as I give him a smile as I walk out of my front door and lock it behind me.

Paul drives me to work being careful not to turn to quickly on corners because of the raindrops falling rather heavily on the road. As he pulls into the parking lot of the diner I thank him for the ride giving him a kiss on his cheek as I walk into the diner to begin my shift. After I clock in, I send Jessie a quick text to see if maybe just maybe she will text me back.

Jessie, is everything okay? Please text me back.

I put my phone into my pocket and I walk over to a couple sitting in my section as I go to take their orders. But Jessie stays heavy on my mind, I wonder what she's doing right now. Maybe she just got fed up with Liam or relationships in general and she decided to take a spontaneous trip to Hawaii. I try not to think too much about Jessie otherwise I'll begin to worry- but I can't help my mind from worrying about her.