72.

"What's all this?" I ask, sounding confused.

Renesmee brought over a bag of multiple foods, chocolates, sub sandwiches, fruits, and drinks. She grabs my hand and squeezes it gently, her skin feels much like Paul's but a lesser warm compared to his normally warm skin. Her eyes are hopeful and serious.

"I need you to try to eat these." She motions her hand to the bag of food. My head nods slowly while I take in her command. The food doesn't smell awful, it smells like food normally would— Which should be strange considering my new transformation.
"Is that doable?"

"You liked the coffee, right?" She persuades. I nod slowly. Who's to say I won't like the food given that I liked the coffee earlier. My hand reaches for the bar of chocolate and I bring it up to my nose before sniffing it.

"It smells like chocolate." I tell her. Her eyes watch me carefully as I take a bite out of the sweet treat chewing it slowly before swallowing it. It tastes good.

"I like it."

"Try this." She hands me a sub sandwich.

It meets my lips before I take a bite out of it, chewing and swallowing it carefully. Same thing, it tastes the same as it normally would if I were human, but why?

"Shouldn't this taste bad to me?" Renesmee nods before smiling happily.

"Yes, it should. But it doesn't, does it?" It wasn't really a question.

"Not at all." I take another bite of the sandwich.

The burning still lingers in my throat but not because of Renesmee, she doesn't smell the way the deer do or certainly like the girl in the park.

"You don't smell like the deer or the humans, and my throat still burns, but the food tastes good. This is weird." I tell her.

We both sit in silence for a moment, pondering and considering every option as to why this is happening to me.

"Let's take my car to the forest, we can go hunting in my favorite spot before I test something out." We stand to our feet and she grabs her car keys.

"We aren't going around any humans, right?" I hope it isn't that kind of a test...

"Not yet."

I follow her outside and we go to her car, the sun isn't shining thankfully. Her words yet cause me to feel anxious. I don't think I could have gotten away with wearing a large coat, gloves, and a scarf to cover my face if the sun were shining today.
The woods are empty as far as I can tell, I don't hear any humans nearby thankfully and it's a cloudy day—a good day. She closes her car door before running off into the woods, she's got within a flash, I smile to myself before chasing after her as the trees seem to pass by me quicker than milliseconds. The sounds of the forest fill my ears, the birds, the water from the small creek. She comes into my eyesight, my legs carry me to her and within seconds we are standing in front of each other.

"Not bad for a newborn." She teases, our heads snap to the left at the sound and scent of a deer.

"Race you" She whispers.

We race to the deer before she tackles it to the ground aimlessly taking it down and putting it down quickly.

"You can have this one."

"Or we could share, I don't hear another—" Before I can finish my sentence another deer comes into earshot.

She smiles before running in the direction of the sound as I decided to cure the burning in my throat. It isn't as bad as it was, thankfully. My wrist comes up to wipe my mouth as the cooling sensation in my throat takes over. One I stand to my feet I run my fingers through my hair hoping it isn't matted before going to catch up with Renesmee who looks neat and clean.