3.

The bus I rode stopped in front of the diner; it was a rainy evening but I couldn't make a fuss. Forks was a refreshing change from where I used to live but it was safe, no one really knew me here and I liked that. Succeeding to clock into my shift, I put my apron on and began taking orders in my station. An hour had gone by and the sun was beginning to set. Carefully, I made a pot of hot coffee and ran a cup out to a table. The bell to the diner rung, I turned my head around to see who had entered.

"So it's true, you are working here!" A cheerful voice exclaims as a big grin spreads across my face; it's my cousin.

"Quil!" I exclaim happily. I come out from behind the counter to give him a hug. He grins and embraces me in a warm hug.

"How'd you know I was working here?" I ask.

"Your mom told my mom." He shrugs casually.

I roll my eyes but smile. I had hoped to keep a low profile, but I knew eventually Quil would know where I worked.

"She really misses you; you know." He says referring to my mom. "My mom told me she keeps asking about you."

Quil's mom and my mom are sisters so they tend to talk regularly. I look down at my shoes for a moment before looking back up at him.

"I know...I miss her, too. I just had to get out of there." I reply now feeling a little glum.

"You know if you ever need anything you can always come to me, right?" He responds, his voice is kind.

"I know, thank you." I tell him as I smile at Quil.

He has always been that older protective cousin who I was pretty close with when I was a child. My mom and I used to live in Forks when I was much younger before we moved away to Colorado with my dad. I haven't seen Quil since then but we were really close before I moved to Colorado. I'm glad I chose to move back to Forks, it feels so great seeing him again.

"I missed you." I hear myself speak.

"Who wouldn't miss me." Quil grins provokingly. I roll my eyes friskly punch his shoulder.

"You should come by tonight; you have to meet everyone. We're all having dinner and watching movies at my place." He says cheerfully.

"Okay, sure, I get off in a couple of hours. Do I have time to change at my apartment first?" I ask curiously.

"That's fine, I'll text you the address." Quil answers before turning to the door. "See you tonight."

As I open my apartment door and set my purse down, I made my way down the hallway to take a quick shower. After my shower, I put on jeans, a sweater, my warmest jacket, and a pair of boots. The sudden ringing of my phone causes me to jump from the silence in my apartment. It's Paul, I quickly answered it.

"Hello?" I speak into the receiver.

"Hey, Willow. How are you today?" He cheerfully asks. I smile suddenly feeling slightly giddy.

"I'm good, thanks! How are you?" I ask him.

Talking and laughter of other people can be heard in the background of the phone, maybe he is at a restaurant or at his family's home visiting.

"Not bad, I wanted to call you though." Paul speaks. "I've been looking forward to talking to you again."

I can feel my cheeks getting warm from his words. This is only my second time talking with him but I like it.

"Aw, thanks. I've been looking forward to it too." I tell him honestly.

I officially enjoy talking to him, he seems like a good person to talk to. There's a light chuckle from Paul that makes my cheeks feel hot, I like the sound of it.