12.

The smell of fresh coffee wakes me up and I sit up in the bed remembering where I am, Paul's house. He isn't in the bedroom so I assume he just be in the kitchen. I make my way out of the bed and into the hall bathroom where I splash cold water on my face and pat it dry with the hanging towel in the bathroom. Making my way into the kitchen I see him pouring coffee into two mugs. He turns around before stirring creamer into the mugs with a spoon as he smiles at me.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" Paul greets me, he looks happy this morning.

"Good morning." I happily respond. I take my seat at the table, "I slept great."

My smile feels so genuine and he hands me my cup of coffee as he sits down across from me at the table.
The sun shines through the window and I can hear the birds chirping to one another creating a calm atmosphere.

"What time is it?" I ask curiously. I take a sip of my drink knowing I will feel much more awake once the caffeine hits.

"Nine AM, I wanted to let you sleep in a little. I hope that's okay." He responds. I nod my head and flash him a sheepish smile.

"Thanks. Have you been up long?" I ask. I hope he isn't tired and I hope I didn't sleep in longer than he would have liked.

"No, I got up about fifteen minutes before you did but I had some stuff I had to do around here anyway." He replies swiftly.

"Oh. Do you have any plans today?" I question him eagerly. I hope he's free today, I want to hang out with him... I also really want to go buy a car today too.

There's enough in my savings now, and I'm growing tired of taking the bus everywhere, I really want a car of my own.

"Nope, I'm free." He winks and I am positive my heart has just stopped, I smile at him shyly.
"What did you have in mind?" He asks.

"Well, I really would like to buy a car today. I have been saving up for a while now and I'm tired of taking the bus or a cab everywhere. I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me." I tell him with hope in my voice.

"Yeah, that sounds great, of course I'll go with you." He responds in a light tone. I take another sip of my coffee and set the mug gently down on the table from my lips.

Last night begins to play in my mind and I remember my words to Paul about wanting him to kiss me. I feel my cheeks suddenly begin to warm up from slight embarrassment at my actions from last night.

"You okay?" He asks and I smile before speaking.

"Yes, sorry, I was just-" I pause for a moment before speaking again.
"I'm sorry about the way I acted last night, I hope I didn't come off as overbearing."

My eyes meet my coffee in the mug and I feel slight embarrassment for even bringing it up to him.

"You didn't come off that way, I know that you were drunk last night. But I also know you meant what you said to me." He responds seriously now.

His expression turns tender and he reaches his hand across the table and places it on mine giving it a gentle squeeze while his eyes lock with my own.

"I like you, too Willow. I mean it." His words cause a smile to creep up on my face, I look down at our touching hands.

"What are we?" I questions, he smiles softly.

"We are whatever you're comfortable with. How do you feel?" He asks curiously.

"About being with you?" I reply, he nods for a moment.
"Well...I want to be the only one you sleep in bed with, and the only one who kisses you." I tell him sheepishly.