63.

Twenty four, it's arrived much quicker than I ever expected it to but I can't complain. Paul told me I won't be aging anymore which keeps replaying in my mind lately but it hasn't actually freaked me out yet. Maybe it hasn't fully sunk into my brain that I'm actually no longer going to age, I am sure not having any wrinkles on my skin would be a pro for anyone who doesn't care for wrinkles. But what about the cons in this? If I am going to stop aging— Since I have stopped aging, are Paul and I going to stay in this friends and or not publicly in a relationship state forever? I am not sure what we are right now and I can't say he even knows what we are currently but I don't want to overthink anything today, it's my birthday and I want everyone to have a good time tonight.
The fact that I had to get up for work at seven am just to clock out at twelve is something I am thankful for. Normally I wouldn't like getting up that early for a shift, I prefer afternoons. But since tonight is a big ordeal to my mom and everyone else, I still have plenty of time to get ready and decide what I want to wear. My mom is staying at the hotel a few miles down the road and Paul is staying with me tonight, or at least that's what I am going to assume.

"Are you sure you don't want any balloons? Because I've seen the balloons the kids are doing nowadays and they are shaped like numbers" My mom tells me over the speaker phone. "We could get a two and a three but put it backwards and you're thirty-two!" She laughs at her humor which makes me crack a smile and shake my head.

"No, that's okay. I am perfectly fine with a cake and some pizza though" I respond, I have never been a big balloons fanatic when it comes to my birthdays.

"We can do that, happy birthday Willow!" She gushes, I do love my birthdays.

"Thanks mom, what time should I head that way to pick you up?"

"Layla is actually going to be picking me up today, we have to get some things for your party anyway. Now, I am going to crazy to ask... Is Paul going to be there tonight?" I knew she was going to ask at some point in the conversation, I bite the inside of my cheek to hide my smile.

"He is, as a matter of fact" She squeals with excitement at my response causing me to laugh now.

"Mom, you're more excited than I am I think"

"I can't help it. I saw the way he looked at you that day we had breakfast, he looks at you like you're the center of his universe. That's rare to find, Will. Don't let that go" A small sting of pain fills my chest at her words, don't let that go. As I am suddenly reminded that I never let him go, he chose to let me go. I wound be lying to myself if I said part of me isn't afraid he is going leave again. But I do my best to stuff down that silly emotion.

"I won't" I try to sound confident instead of letting the lump in my throat take over. Our phone call ends leaving me with my thoughts alone in my little apartment. I don't want Paul to leave again, but what if he does? I would be a non aging twenty four year old forever wrapped around his finger unable to forget about him. How could I forget my first real love? Or the reason I no longer age? I quickly shake my head and go to take a shower so I can get ready for tonight.

When I am dressed in some comfortable clothes, I decide on making a cup of coffee. I grab a random mug from the cupboard before filling it up and taking sips of the caffeinated drink. Is it really only noon right now? My phone rings again, it's Paul and I don't hesitate to answer it.

"Happy Birthday, Willow" His voice is like a velvet hum through the phone which sends shivers through my body. How is it that he can have such an enticing effect on me like this? I bet he knows exactly what he does to me.

"Thank you!" I sound like a chirpy bird but I don't care right now, I've never had a guy tell me happy birthday before. I've never had him tell me that before, so this makes everything so much more special.