Adding a sideward glance at Ye Hua, Bai Qian grinned mischievously, "Bring his books over too. Might as well have him spend the day here."

...

"Mother, have you ever made breakfast for me?" A-Li wondered as Bai Qian piled another piece of meat onto the heap that was already at eye level, and Bai Qian turned a slight shade of pink, before she smiled, lying through her teeth, "Of course, A-Li, I made breakfast for you when your Father was off to war with the Mermaid Clan." "It was a miracle he still came out this plump, Qian Qian." Ye Hua's eyes twinkled with a brazen look, "What did you feed him?"

"Thin congee. I couldn't afford anything else, and besides, if I attempted anything funny, I likely would have lost everything. Life included." Bai Qian replied defensively, although she admitted after a while, "Fine, it tasted bad. And I don't even know how congee can taste bad, so..."

"Riceball, don't be like your mother. We'll have Feng Jiu teach you how to cook." Ye Hua teased Bai Qian on purpose, and even as her eyes widened at his flippant insult, she slowly devised a plan to get him back for what he did.

...

"Qian Qian, are you-" Ye Hua stoned upon seeing her seated on their bed, her arms wrapped around their son as she held the scroll before A-Li, reading out the characters for the little boy to understand. "Qian Qian, why is A-Li still here?" "A-Li will be sleeping here today." Bai Qian looked up innocently at Ye Hua, and his eyes narrowed. A-Li sleeping over was not in his plan. "Qian Qian, I don't see why A-Li has to sleep over-"

"I had the servants do some decoration in A-Li's Qing Yun Hall. But it's not ready, so he will sleep over tonight." Bai Qian met A-Li's beam with a smile of her own, and Ye Hua made some noise of annoyance, before he recomposed himself, "Qian Qian, my Xi Wu Palace has more than one hall. If you like, A-Li can sleep in the hall next to your Hall of Beautiful Youths. There is no need for him to sleep with us."

"Mother, Father is chasing A-Li out!" A-Li turned to Bai Qian at once, and Ye Hua's mind was shouting at the top of its voice. Since when had A-Li learnt to make use of Bai Qian-?! "I- I am not, A-Li. I am merely suggesting you be more independent." Ye Hua gritted his teeth, attempting an explanation, but Bai Qian paid him no attention as she brushed A-Li's cheek, to which Ye Hua fumed upon seeing that tears were actually in A-Li's eyes, "He is only 300 years old, Ye Hua. It took more than thousands of years before I grew independent. He will sleep here; that is my final word."

"Yes, yes, he will sleep here." Ye Hua gritted out with great difficulty, and with a glare, he made a sweeping gesture, signalling for the servants to leave, and Nai Nai could only pick up her skirts and leave quickly with the rest, for she knew better than anyone that Bai Qian had once again successfully taunted Ye Hua and drove him to the edges of his temper.

...

"Ye Hua, what are you-?!" Bai Qian's words were barely out when Ye Hua bit down on her collar, and Bai Qian's eyes darted in panic, "Ye Hua, A-Li is sleeping here, you cannot-" "A-Li is sleeping here, but we are not." Ye Hua said roughly, sweeping Bai Qian up into his arms easily, and she gave a squeak of terror as he opened the door with his magic, a frightening gleam of determination shining away in his eyes.

The wooden block slid into its lock behind them as Ye Hua walk straight out from the main doors of the Hall of Beautiful Youths, turning left into a corridor, and left again into another hall, and Bai Qian could hear his heart thumping steadily, echoing his determination of each step as he used his magic to slam another door shut behind them as they entered an empty hall.

The doors to the chamber slammed shut, the bed covered in a new bed spread that had never had anyone lay on it before. The air warped as Ye Hua set up a barrier, before it crackled with the mere energy of Ye Hua's dragon as his eyes now glowed a strong blue, "Qian Qian, do you think I do not know? You have been tempting me since three days ago. There is a limit to what I can take, Qian Qian. And this," He held her beneath him firmly, glaring at her with a devious smile, "is the end of my limit."

And without giving her time to react, Ye Hua pressed his lips onto hers, dragging her into a fierce kiss, leading her down the path of yet another passionate night.

•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•

A/N: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I. Cannot. Breathe-

Oh goodness...that was quite a chapter. Two days more to my exams, but it's Sunday, so...some relaxation...yay~

I fulfilled my promise~ I published a chapter~

This should be the last chapter for now, I think...my exams end soon, so I'll start updating again from then on :D

Thanks for reading!!! ❤️

Z, out~