Chapter 17 - Will Meet Again Real Soon

Kiara P.O.V.

"Brother! What are you doing here?" So, he is really here. I was not just hearing things.

I look up at Swati, who seem to be busy looking behind me. I didn't turn to see. What's the use? He must be standing there with a regular straight face of his, waiting to freak me out. So, better to give attention to this delicious pizza in front of me instead to give him an attention which he doesn't require anyway. Because considering his personality, he must be already getting that.

I was about to take the bite from the pizza slice I just picked up when I saw him coming towards our table from corner of my eye. He stood there for a second or two then picked up Zen from the chair on which he was sitting and made himself comfortable on the chair instead and settled cutie on his lap.

Oh yes, there are only four chairs here. So, basically now we are sitting next to each other with cutie sitting on his lap.

"You don't know why I'm here!" he questions back Swati.

"No! I don't know." Swati replies innocently.

In reply, he just huffed.

I find something fishy in the way they are talking but I didn't bother saying anything. Maybe some sibling secret stuff.

"Hello Mr. Arrogant Authoritative!" I choke.

Mayra really didn't call him that, right! Yes, this time I'm hearing things for sure.

"Hello Miss Spitting Fire!" I choke again.

Nope. Not hearing things again. It's actually happening.

Seriously, what are they, five?

You can expect this from May but Monster Devil being like this, that's new for me.

"May!!" I yelp.

She just freaking shrug. I'm going to have a little serious talk with her about it afterwards.

"Hello Mr. Malhotra! And I apologize for Mayra's behaviour." I try to act normal and professional which proving to be a little hard task for me right now. I'm feeling anything but normal! No. A big no.

"It's fine Miss Kiara. You don't have to apologize. I understand." He understands! I want to laugh so hard at this sentence.

And I so want to ask him, 'Really! You understand? Then enlighten me, what you understand?'

But before I could reply to him, I heard someone's laughing, a loud one, if I may add. I turn my gaze to both woman sitting in front of me.

Surprisingly it's not Mayra, it's Swati who is laughing like a maniac right now. Seriously, as much as sweet she is, her laughter is not that sweet. It's that type of laughter which can make the environment joyful; that type of laughter which can make you laugh even if you don't know why the other person is laughing.

That's what happening to me right now. Even if I don't know why she is laughing, I can't help but smile by mere looking at her.

I focus my gaze towards May who is also busy eyeing Swati. Then I turn my attention to Devil sitting beside me to see his reaction and guess what! He is just looking at her sister like saying to himself, 'She has gone mad again, no big deal.' I was about to look away when suddenly he turned his head towards my side, catching me off guard.

Before he could say something to embarrass me, I lean towards him a little, whispering near his ears, "What has gotten into her?"

"Just one of her 'me being me' moment." He says casually.