Chapter 30 Vihaan

A/N: Hello Readers! I know I am late, too late! Being a Wattpad reader along with a writer, I understand it's quite frustrating when you like reading a good book, but the author suddenly stops updating. And worse, give slow updates. You might have forgotten about the story if you are an old reader of this book, so I am giving you a quick recap of the last chapter below. I hope it will help.

~~~~~~

Recap: Kiara gets a sudden text from Daksh. He wanted her to come to his office ASAP, leaving Kiara all confused and wondering. When Kiara finally reaches his office, the sight in front of her left her shocked - Ayaan's shattered condition:

Daksh looked between Ayaan and me as he spoke slowly, "Mayra has been missing since yesterday morning."

She is what!!!

My eyes widened and shot towards Ayaan, who closed his eyes in agony, knowing very well what was coming towards him.

~~~~~~

Daksh P.O.V.

I expected her to burst out in anger.

I expected her to rip Ayaan's head out.

But what I didn't expect was her sitting quietly and constantly staring at Ayaan, with no emotions whatsoever displaying on her face. I am not sure what is going on here anymore.

Is this what they mean by 'calm before the storm'? Maybe.

While I don't know what to do, I keep watching Kiara and Ayaan, who behave in a way I can't understand.

Ayaan - the guy who is always jolly and full of life is lost in himself today.

Kiara - the woman who never showed an ounce of patience to me is now waiting patiently for him to say something, especially when that something is related to her best friend.

After a while, Ayaan gathers his scattered emotions and starts narrating the incident to us, "As you both might have guessed by now, our marriage was a stupid and reckless decision based on stupid reason. Neither Mayra likes me romantically, nor do I like her. It was just a deal we made believing that we would both benefit from it. Oh, how wrong we were! We just acted like two stupid egoistic humans. But this past month, we somehow started being kind of frenemies. It happened when I was beginning to feel like we could move things along. The day before yesterday, we had a huge fight concerning that stupid reason for which we recklessly got married. I didn't expect her to just leave like that, without saying anything. I thought she would come back by night but she didn't. I went to her parent's home this morning, and she is not there. I had no idea where to go, so I came here and asked Daksh to call you."

"It is still not the whole story," replies Kiara.

"I can't tell you about the craziest reason behind our marriage. It's not just my story to tell. Let's find Mayra first, and then we will tell you everything about it."

"Wait a minute," saying this she stands up from her seat, picks out her phone from her jeans pocket and excused herself.

'Who is she calling?' My inner self wondered.

After a moment, she comes back in. Her face is a little more relaxed than before.

'Did she find out already the whereabouts of Mayra?' My inner self wondered once again.

As soon as Ayaan notices her, he jumps up from his spot and showers her with unending questions, "Did you talk with Mayra? Where is she? Is she okay? Is she angry?"

Kiara slowly makes her way towards him. While lightly holding his right arm, she makes him sit back down before answering, "No, I didn't talk with Mayra. She is at our other best friend's home. She is okay. Lastly, yes, she still seems to be angry."