Chapter 16 Cafeteria

Kiara P.O.V.

Just like that one week passed since I lost my job; since that unexpected visit of my ex-boss with his son, brother, sister and friend; since that phone call that I thought gonna be very hard to do but somehow it felt the very normal thing to talk with them over the phone, especially when I'm the type of person who is more comfortable while texting instead of calling.

And it's been one week since I'm trying to find a job but no luck. As I resigned from Malhotra Corporation just after one week of my joining, it's also being a hurdle in finding a good job.

Not to mention that I'm already missing cutie. I thought to call again but I concluded it might be inappropriate. So, I didn't and neither I heard anything from them after that. I guess, my life is back to normal again.

"Kiara!! Kiara!!" Mom's voice brought me to reality.

Just great, I zoned out again.

"Don't shout Mumma. I'm listening. What happened?"

"Oh, I doubt that you are listening! I'm calling you for five minutes now and all I got is silence in return. What the hell you kept thinking about these days?" Mom asks with irritation dripping in her voice.

"Anyway. I was saying that your phone was ringing continuously for the past five minutes. Just pick it up and see who is calling you non-stop." Mom says again when I didn't answer her last question for a while.

"Oh!! Okay." She takes a deep sigh and leaves my room disappointingly.

Did I do something wrong!!

I pick up my phone and notice three missed call from Mayra.

Three calls back to back!! Must be something urgent.

I call her back without wasting another second.

"Where were you Kia? I called three times." She picks the phone just after one ring.

"Ummm, Sorry. I was in a bathroom. You say, why you called? Something important!! You don't call three times back to back usually." I ask in a serious tone. She never does that except if it's something important.

"Nothing that serious but meet me at Sehi Cafeteria after an hour." Okay!! Something is definitely bothering her.

"Okay. I'll be there. You sure that you are okay!!" I felt like a need to make sure she is okay.

"Yes!! I'm fine. I'm hanging up now. See ya." Huh. She is not fine.

"Fine, Bye."

Whilst hanging up the call, I get up from my bed to get ready.

Although she said to meet after an hour, I can go little early to just roam outside here and there to clear my head a little.

"Sehi Cafeteria" is near that park which is our go to place whenever we want some peace in our life; when we want to take a pause from everything going on in our life. Besides, Sehi is a beautiful place, simple yet give vibes of home and coziness.

And right now, I do need a pause from everything. So, I can go there for some time to relax, I guess.

I wash my face; put on casual comfy tee and jeans; grab my purse and head outside.

Instead of taking a taxi, I decided to take a little walk as this place is not that far away from where I live.

After walking for like fifteen minutes or so, I reach the park.