Chapter 24 - Crazy No Crazy Gang

Why is he not saying anything?

Did I offend him?

Shit! Did I really say something wrong?

_________

Daksh P.O.V.

She is looking at me with an expectant eye. She is waiting for me to say something and probably something nice.

Not going to lie; what she said was really good, practical and emotional stuff at the same time. She refuses to give up on Zen despite the fear of the future.

However, the question is, Can I do the same?

I am not sure.

And another truth is - I don't know what and how to reply to her.

Although I want to reply with something good to her, I have no idea what that something good might be.

Before I could ponder more on this, my mouth decided to handle this on its own and blurted out, "Okay!"

Did I just reply with Okay to her astonishing talk?

What's wrong with me? No, what's wrong with my mouth?

She looked at me with pure disbelief.

I know, girl! I don't even believe that I said that.

To confirm what she heard was right, she asks, "Really? Just okay?"

What's said is said. The best is not to say anything else that would make it worse. So, my mouth decided to utter, "Mmm-hmmm."

What the actual f**k!

If disappointment had a face, then it would be what I am looking at.

Her face.

I composed myself to not show my inner-stupid argument about my mouth outside, on my face. I replied stupidly. I don't want to look stupid as well.

She shakes her head, probably to convey her disappointment, before speaking, "Okay then, I guess, I should get going now. Take care."

Before I could reply, she got up from her seat and started leaving.

I was lost in my thoughts. Intentionally or unintentionally, I mess up things with her every single time. It was a single conversation I was supposed to hold onto, and I messed up with my stupid replies.

Not going to admit it to her, nonetheless.

Amidst my thoughts, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Kiara. Wasn't she leaving?

"Really, Okay? Mmm-hmmm? Nothing else?" It took me a second to understand that she is confirming again whether I want to say anything else or not.

She sounds annoyed clearly.

I merely nod. Now, I am finding it funny. I almost laughed when I realized she came back to ask this again. It was cute and hilarious.

In response to my no words reply, she dashed away while shouting at me, "You are really MD!"

Huh, MD? What is MD? Am I supposed to know that? Is it any slang word people use these days?

The only MD I am aware of is 'Managing Director'

Taking out my mobile, I google-searched 'MD slang meaning' - but to my disappointment, I failed to find any full-form that sounded reasonable to the current context.

Ugh! I am curious, plus no one can satisfy this curiosity except her.

__________

After coming back home, I decided to do something relaxing.