Chapter 25 Gift with Love

Kiara P.O.V.

You know how they say, 'Every day brings a new beginning. You can either waste more time by thinking about the time you already wasted or you can have a start over.'

I am glad that I decided to embrace the new beginning that was offered to me by our cutest, Swati.

I still can't believe how fast these past three months with her passed in 'Bake with love' which now has an extension called 'Gift with love' that is being handled by me.

I was busy reminiscing these past few months whilst sitting in my room, sipping on my morning tea, when my phone pinged with a new notification.

It was a notification indicating a new message in my Crazy No Crazy Gang WhatsApp group:

***

Ayaan: Good morning, guys! I am having breakfast.

Mayra: Okay, Mmm-hmm.

Sanaya: Hey, good morning! I am watching TV.

Arnav: You are watching TV? Aren't you supposed to hurry to get to your workplace? Daksh doesn't like it when his employees are late; did you forget that already?

Sanaya: Arnav!! You were not supposed to reply with this, stupid! And Daksh Sir must not have even noticed if you shouldn't have said anything here. Besides, he doesn't care whether I reach late or not. I don't work directly under him.

Arnav: Oh yes, right. My bad. Let me rephrase my reply

"Okay, Mmm-hmm"

Daksh: I care about every employee of my company, Miss Sanaya.

And stop with your childishness of Okay, Mmm-hmm already. It's been almost two months.

Let it go.

Ayaan: Oh my god, someone please pinch me. Daksh replied yet again.

***

Yeah, he cares about his employees by firing and yelling at them.

Although, I do agree with one thing this monster devil (MD) said. It's been two months, and they all are still stuck on my and Daksh that little childish banter. Okay, more like my childish reaction.

Since that day, they are doing this thing. Every morning, one will say anything random, and then the other will reply with "Okay, Mmm-hmm."

It is both fun and irritating.

Irritating because it always reminds me of how stupid I acted.

Fun, because it never fails to bring a smile to my face despite anything.

It's fun because of one more reason - whenever they do that extra, it irritates the hell out of Daksh, so much that he can't resist replying. It's a surprise that his replies are getting longer and longer with each passing day, but the shock in Ayaan's message whenever Daksh replies is still as same as before.

Speaking of which, if you are wondering whether my relationship with Mr. Daksh Malhotra improved or deteriorated further, then it is the same as before. It is as constant as the change in our life. I am neither happy nor sad about it.

After that 'okay, Mmm-hmm' incident, we didn't meet again. Although he does visit Swati at the bakery now and then, he never visited 'Gift with love'.

And as I was occupied with arranging things and our initial few orders we got that I didn't have much time to go to the bakery except at lunchtime. Swati practically forced me to have lunch with her at the bakery cafeteria every day.