Chapter 23 - Alone

Kiara P.O.V.

"I am glad you think so highly of me. I am all ears. Go on."

I am very well aware he knows why I was hesitant to accept Swati's offer previously.

I knew sooner or later I would have to face him. The fact that it was today surprised me.

Since I started working here with Swati, I developed a liking for her.

I respect her determination towards her work; her gentle and humble attitude towards her staff, and I started adoring her mischievous side as well.

I am enjoying working here. What I love to do is what I am doing.

Swati gave me a month to make samples of DIY and all personalised gift items and also to set up our DIY store fully before we publicise our expansion.

The store is not exactly in the bakery itself but attached to the bakery.

A small shop just beside the bakery was vacant. I was told it used to be a flower shop run by a sweet woman, but as she shifted to another place, she sold the place to Swati as they are good friends.

Therefore, Swati suggested converting that shop into our DIY store. She believes that if in future I want to start my store separately instead of working with her, then it will be easy for me to do so.

How sweet can someone be? She is love.

It's not just Swati with whom I've become close, but also Arnav, Ayaan, and of course my cutie Zen. We started hanging out with each other often here in our free time.

Ayaan will bring Zen with him.

As Arnav and Sanaya began dating, they came along.

And let's not talk about Mayra. I practically have to force her to join us. Ayaan's face is the last thing she wants to see. How they will live together after they marry still baffles me. Heck, I have no idea why they are getting married; that too this soon. I will try to talk with her again.

At first, I wondered why Mr. Monster Devil didn't join us. Then, I thought maybe because he doesn't like me or because he doesn't like the idea of me working with his sister or hanging out with his friends. But after a while, I stopped thinking about it and started enjoying time with these wonderful people. Moreover, I get to spend my time with my cutie. That was enough for me.

However, today when he came to our table with a pissed off reaction on his face, questioning Ayaan in a dangerously low voice, I got to know he had no idea about anything. This man does not know I work here, nor does he know about these hangouts.

Why did they not inform him? Is it because of me?

"I am waiting, Miss Agarwal," I look towards him, startled.

How long was I lost in my world?

Before I could reply, Ayaan stood up with Mayra. He dragged Mayra with him, informing us about their shopping plans for their wedding. She seems so reluctant to go.

Once again, I opened my mouth to reply to Daksh but got interrupted again. This time, it was Arnav and Sanaya. Arnav planned a date for Sanaya. Hence, they also flew away without wasting any time. They look so cute together.

Daksh then looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to speak. I opened my mouth to reply but got interrupted yet again.

"What the hell is wrong with everyone? She is trying to speak, and I am trying to listen to her; stop interrupting," says Daksh irritably. It was a cute reaction, to be honest.

"Yeah, Yeah, you don't have to be irritated. It's just my staff asking for my presence in the kitchen. I am going. You can listen to Kiara as much as you want," Swati replies, and if I am not wrong, she teased him.

She excused herself, but returned after a while, making Daksh murmur, "I thought you were going to do some work now."

"No need to be sarcastic. I am here to take Zen with me. I am going out to buy a few things for our DIY store. I thought about bringing Zen along. I am doing a favour to you basically, so zip up," saying that she picked up Zen from Daksh's lap. I give a quick peck to the cutie on the cheek, bidding him bye, telling him to enjoy his time with his aunt.

At last, she left with Zen, leaving us alone.

What favour was she talking about, by the way?

"Zen adores you," Daksh's sudden comment brings my attention to him. Once again, I realised we both are alone with each other. It's the first time. God, this is going to be awkward.

Taking a deep breath, I prepare myself to let out everything in front of him today, "Yes, he adores me, and I adore him," I reply with a little smile before adding, "Look, Mr. Malhotra, I know you don't like me, maybe you hate me and also that you don't like the unnamed bond Zen share with me. I want you to know that I tried to stay away from cutie. That's one of the main reasons I was initially hesitant to accept Swati's offer. You are my ex-boss, and from whose son I was trying to keep a distance, I thought it might complicate things. Yet I accepted her offer, but I promise you I will never hurt Zen."

He kept quiet for a few moments.

Sighing deeply, rubbing his forehead with his right hand a little, he started, "You don't understand, Miss Agarwal. It's not about me liking you or not. Zen is my everything. There are just some things I am scared of happening. I know you won't hurt him intentionally but..."

"...but you are not sure about unintentionally. You are afraid of what will happen in the future. There is no named relation between us. You are afraid that I will move on with my life, I will get married, then what will happen to him. He is becoming attached to me, making you afraid I will move on with my life and forget about him," I completed for him.

He looked taken back for a while but composed himself.

"I understand all of this, Mr. Malhotra. It's not just Zen. It is me too. I am also scared about what I will do if you don't let me meet my cutie. I am already attached to him. I am also afraid of what the future holds for us. But the day I accepted Swati's offer to work here, I also chose to cherish and enjoy my present time with cutie. I don't know what the future will bring to us. I am not sure if I will hurt Zen unintentionally in future or not because of one reason or another. I just know I love him. I love the time I spend with him. I will try my best not to harm his feelings ever, but I am surely not giving up on our bond because of the uncertain future. I really hope you understand."

Wow, that was a lot. Did I say too much?

He just kept staring at me. I would be lying if I say, I am not feeling uncomfortable under his intense stare.

Why is he not saying anything?

Did I offend him?

Shit! Did I really say something wrong?

________

To Be Continued...

Thank you guys for so many votes, means a lot. Keep supporting.

Thank you so much guys for being patient with me and my book. I'll try to update next chapter soon.

Do vote and comment if you liked this chapter. I would love to read your views and feedback.

Please check out my Instagram too :- random_hearttalks

Surbhi ✍️