Chapter 27 Disappointment

No Please, no thank you and no bye whatsoever.

Seriously, what's wrong with this guy!!

~~~~~

Kiara P.O.V.

It's evening and it's almost time to close our store, but there is no sign of Mr. Monster Devil yet. The staff already left. It's just me and Zen here now, playing the game Ludo on my mobile.

He said he would pick Zen up by evening.

If he was going to be late, then he must have at least given me a call or dropped a message to inform me about the same.

What am I supposed to do now?

How long should I wait for him?

Should I call him?

I think a message would suffice.

Does he have time to read the message? What if he doesn't?

God, I am overthinking this.

"It's your turn now, Tiara," Cutie's little voice fell on my ears, and with that, I decided to wait for a little more time.

~~~~~

An hour passed, and still no sign of him.

That's enough!

I will take Zen with me to my home.

It would be nice to have some company. I am alone today at home as my family is out of town for some family function. I also wanted to go with them. Nonetheless, as I was occupied with work here and Swati was out, I decided to not go.

Moreover, as far as Mr. Malhotra is concerned, he didn't even care about checking upon us - Zen, once. I won't call him.

I will drop him a text only. I am not as reckless as him.

Whilst typing a quick text to him, I instructed Zen to pack his bag, "Cutie, please pack your bags. We are leaving for home."

"But dad is not here?" He replies confusingly.

I looked at his face. He was frowning a little, cutely, if I may add. But why frowning?

His following words gave me the answer to my unanswered question. "He is late and forgot to tell you about it, right?"

What the actual hell?

He is a five-year-old, for crying out loud. Then why is he acting like a fifty-year-old?

Importantly, I do not find it cute anymore when he has this expression on his face, nor do I like the fact that somewhere, he is feeling disappointed about his father.

I am not liking any of it!

Daksh Malhotra might be a monster devil for almost everyone in the world. Nevertheless, when it comes to his son, I can say he tries to be the best version of himself around him.

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out.

How am I supposed to handle this situation? Should I lie, or should I tell him the truth?

"No lies, Tiara. I know he is a busy man." hearing this, I realized it was not merely a little bit of disappointment lingering within me. There are also some unsaid words that he wants to say to his father, but he chooses not to.

How much is this little soul hiding within him? It breaks my heart to see him like this.

Sighing, I sit beside him and hold his hands in mine, "Yes, he is a busy man, and he loves you the most. We will talk about it with him together, okay?"

Love Hidden In HateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara