Chapter 8 Mayra

( Mayra picture above)

Kiara P.O.V.

After telling Mayra to meet me at our regular place, I hang up the call.

As it's already almost the time when she will be free from her office for today, I decided to just go to our regular place and spend some time alone to figure out what I'm going to do next.

Our regular place was not something fancy or expensive restaurant or whatsoever, it's just a beautiful park with greenery all around the place. It is the very old park, I used to come here regularly with my dad before when I was in school to play with other kids.

This is one of my favourite places. I always come here whenever I feel down or I want to take a break from my hectic life.

In fact this is Mayra's favourite place too. So it becomes our permanent place to go whenever we want to discuss and talk about anything. It's been a while since I met Mayra, the last time we spent some quality time together was before I got the job. I really missed her and our senseless talks.

"I also missed our senseless talks." I didn't even realize she was already seated beside me looking beautiful as always. She is very beautiful with perfect curves and perfect height unlike me who is just five feet, two inches tall.

"Jeez, how do you always know what I'm thinking about."

"Talent darling, it's called talent." She said in a dramatic tone making me roll my eyes at that statement.

"Yes! Yes! You are very talented." I replied of course in a sarcastic tone.

"Ok now, cut the crap and tell me what happened to you!! Why do you look so lost and upset?"

"I resigned."

"WHAT!! You did what!!?" She was in a complete shock. Well, it's actually shocking when I resigned from the job in just two weeks and that too from one of the most well know and top company.

"Yes, you heard it right. I resigned."

"But why!!?"

I released a sigh and told her everything that happened from the start, not leaving a single thing. I also told her about the cutie and how attached I feel with him and how today unexpectedly I found out that he is the devil's son.

"Ok, so you are saying that previously you had crush on this Malhotra guy but when you came to know how arrogant and rude he is, you started kinda hate him and then suddenly today you came across this weird situation where you had to face him, then you actually had an argument with him, as a result he fired you and you also adore his son but now that you found out that he is his son, so you don't know what to do next...!!?"

Wow, she summarised the whole situation quite perfectly.

But wait!!

"I resigned, he didn't fire me okay!" I know I'm being childish but I can't help it. I'm just feeling offended by little things right now.

"Seriously, you just noticed this thing from my that not so short summary?" she asked with a little bit amusement in her voice.

"No, I mean yes what you said is right. I know I did the right thing by resigning but I'm feeling bad about cutie." Although I had not resigned yet officially. I'm yet to submit my resignation letter but that does not matter anyway.

"Well, it's complicated."

"Yes, it is."

"You are yet to submit the resignation letter, right!!"

"Yes."

"Then let's just wait till tomorrow, maybe that boss of yours will come to know about the whole truth. Then you will not need to resign."

She still thinks this can happen!

"But even if he comes to know about the truth, I don't want to work under a person like him."

"Even if he will apologize to you." And after listening to this, I laughed like a madwoman. I mean how can he apologize to anyone and that too, to me, it's impossible. I don't even think a man like him knows how to say a simple sorry, let alone the proper apology.

"If cutie was not in the scene then it must have been less complicated, right!!" she said while thinking about something and I completely don't have any idea what is going on in that silly brain of hers. But what she said was right though, if it's not about cutie, then I must not have been thinking about all these things this much. I would have simply resigned and wished to never see that bastard's face again.

"Yes maybe."

"You just go to the office tomorrow and submit your resignation letter then we'll think about what to do about that cutie of yours."

"Yes, that's the only thing I can do right now."

"By the way, I'm very curious to know who is that cutie who got your attention like this in such a short period, I really want to meet him and also that man who can make you, who always remain kind and composed to become this fierce."

I chuckled after listening to this. Yes, I don't get angry easily but this monster devil has the talent to bring out the worst in me.

"Now, enough about me. Tell me how your job is going on."

"There is nothing much to tell about me, my job is going on fine. But life has become a little bit boring these days, just the same old routine every day. I think I need to find a hot guy for myself." She said while making a fake pout. She is always like this; she is so beautiful that there are hot guys lined up for her, but nobody has got to cross the level of friendship yet.

"Ya, of course. Your hot guy must be stuck in the traffic, will be arriving soon." I bit my lower lip to not to laugh while making this stupid comment.

She just glared at me, as if challenging me to say another silly thing and I'm gonna be dead.

We chatted for a little while more before we took our leaves and left for our home.

I feel much more relieved now after talking with Mayra about everything. It's so good to have a friend like her who is always there for you no matter what, who support you in public but also scolds in private on your mistakes, who always know how to knock some senses into the thick head of ours.

I don't have many friends. I just have Mayra whom I can trust blindly, but in my first week of joining the job, I also got closed to Sanaya in no time even if I had not spent much time with her as she took the leave for one week just after I joined. Her boyfriend who also works in the Malhotra Corporations but in the marketing department told me she is going to come office tomorrow. I don't know how I'm gonna explain this whole situation to her now.

"Jeez, I need to stop thinking about all this now or my head gonna blast."

After shutting all the thoughts, I changed into my comfortable night clothes and got to my bed.

I really need a nice sleep to deal with the hectic day tomorrow.

_________________________________

To be continued.....

hey lovely people...👋👋 how you all are doing !!

I hope you all are doing great..

I'm so sorry for the late update. I had my exams, so I was away for a little while from wattpad. But from now on there will be continue updates.✌✌

so, did you guys liked the ninth chapter..!!! Share your views in the comment section.

don't forget to comment guys.....☺☺

Stay tuned...

keep smiling..😊😊❤❤

Shubhi ✍