Chapter 29 Unexpected Text

~~~~~~

Kiara P.O.V.

"Days feel too long, yet years appear too short."

I read this beautiful line in my last read, 'The Happiness Project' by Gretchen Rubin. Amazing book!

How true is that right?

It may feel like a long day at the end of the day. Yet when we look back, it appears like the week, month, and year have flown by quickly. Particularly when our lives are rather monotonous

My days are going like this - monotonous.

I am not complaining, though. Considering that we can never predict when our lives will change and strange things will start happening again, it is best that we take advantage of the normality while it lasts.

Currently, I am thinking about how I should enjoy this normality today as it's a Sunday.

Should I read?

Or should I watch K drama?

Or should I watch a Movie?

Or maybe I can spend the whole day sleeping?

Aish, so many options!

Unsure of what to do, I grabbed my phone and began lazily scrolling.

About an hour later, I unexpectedly got a message from the one and only - MD.

It was not surprising that he sent me a text as for the past few weeks I have been in touch with him regarding the enrollment of Cutie in the Drawing classes. However, unexpected because neither he nor I have any follow-up to do with one another.

'Do You know what is the best way to find out?' asks my inner voice.

'What?'

'Just open the damn message, dumb head!'

'Right. Now, F**k off.' Seriously, why does my inner self always needs to be sarcastic?

At last, to satisfy my curiosity, I open the message to find him bossing me around, even in the text.

MD (Daksh): I want you to come to my company as soon as possible!

Kiara: You forgot to add 'Hi, Hello, Please'

MD: This is not the right time to teach me etiquette.

Kiara: Okay, why do you want me to come there? Is everything alright? And isn't today Sunday? Why are you at work?

MD: Just come, Kiara. I can't tell you much through texts. Also, it will be much better if we speak face-to-face about it.

Okay! Now, I am a bit scared and worried.

What exactly is going on?

Did something happen to him?

But if something did happen to him, why would he ask me to meet?

Oh my god, is it about Cutie?

Throwing my phone on the bed, I hurriedly start getting ready. Whatever it is, I need to get there fast.

~~~~~~

Half an hour! That was how long I had to suffer without knowing something that apparently I am supposed to know. I have lost count of how many what-ifs have entered my mind.

Nonetheless, now that I am here, standing outside the building, I don't want to go inside. I want to know what is waiting for me in there, but I am petrified to know the same.