Chapter 20 Let's Overthink

Kiara P.O.V.

"We will see. Time will tell whether your path is gonna cross with him again or not. Now, can we talk about the thing I wanted to talk about in the first place?"

"Of course," that's why I am here after all.

"We at 'Baking with Love" are looking for someone to handle our accounts and finance department. Previously my friend used to handle this, but now that she has decided to study further, she wants to focus entirely on her studies."

Oh, she is asking me to fill this position? But how can I? I just left her brother's company. Isn't that going to be weird?

I voiced out my thoughts carefully, "But Swati, I don't think it is a good idea," I don't want to hurt her by rejecting her outrightly.

"Good, because I was not going to ask you to fill that position."

Well, I feel embarrassed now. I should have asked first what she was implying.

"Oh, then?" I muttered.

"You know, we at our bakery get lots of orders and projects for almost every occasion. And whenever people come here, they talk about how much headache it is for them to look for gifts. Moreover, people, these days love DIYs and handmade personalized gifts. A few months ago, I asked my customers if we had a store here in this bakery itself for gifts like these, if they would be interested in purchasing and what they would like to see there. All replies that came are positive. So, I'm thinking to expand my bakery and setting up a DIY gift store too. For which I am looking for someone to manage the same and lead the store staff," she then chugs down her glass of water in one go after explaining her idea.

"Sorry, I was thirsty."

"Yeah, yeah, it's fine. Do you want more?" I ask, to which she nods her head in no.

"It is a great idea to expand. My best wishes to you. Do tell me if you need any help. I would love to support you." I replied with sincerity.

"Yes, there is something you can actually help me with," she says.

"Yeah, sure. Tell me what it is?" I really hope it will be something I can help with. I don't want to make fun of myself, to be honest.

"As I said, I am looking for someone for the position of the head of a DIY store. Someone who can plan, design, execute and manage everything effectively and efficiently. And I want you to take that position."

Wait, how did she come to know about that? I never told her anything about it.

"Umm...what are you talking about? There is no way I can take this position; I lack the necessary qualifications!" Though I tried hard, a nervous laugh still managed to escape my mouth, making me appear anxious.

"You know very well what I am talking about, and I don't care about you not having professional qualifications in this field. Who really cares about it if you clearly have talent?"

I still give her a questioning look, signaling her to continue how she gets to know about my love for Art and Craft.

Releasing a small sigh, she continues, "When we came to your home, I noticed some of the handmade art and decoration. I got curious and asked your mother about those. She told me you who made all of them, and there are many more. Also, you always wanted to start your own small business related to it, but you never got a chance because you had the responsibility to support your family financially. So, you choose to opt for an MBA and do a decent job with decent pay."

Wow!

"Oh..." Now, what should I say?

"Oh?"

"Yeah, oh..." I replied absentmindedly again.