Chapter Nine. First to Run.

I walked off the plane with Lily in my arms, there were no cameras, which I thanked; when we left someone famous was taking a flight at the JFK airport and the cameras were going crazy taking pictures of pretty much anyone. I passed by their side and managed to get through the gates without much trouble but the less crowded place we had arrived to, made me feel a little more at ease, after all I was used to the long flights although Lily's nose was scrunched up and her eyes were almost closed due to the time difference, she also questioned the reason why it appeared to be so early.  

After explaining sleepy Lily about the way things work with the time differences I went to pick up my sister's bag along with mine and went to find the guys, I was expecting to see Tom and maybe Georg, since it was so early, but instead it was Bill and Georg.

"They're at the studio," Georg explained "those two are like at their finest; they've been in there for hours every day."

"They must be feeling inspired..." I suggested.

"I think they want to finish as soon as possible." Georg said as Bill nudged me wiggling his eyebrows.

"They just want to be done to get back to their ladies..."

"But seriously, they work so hard." Georg opened the door for me to step on the back of the car with Lily now sleeping in my arms.

We went to the twins' house because I didn't want to step a foot on my father's and the guys helped me put the suitcases down. With a little feeling of guilt I woke my little sister up and talked her into eating some chocolate, figured the sugar would help keep her awake until it was a little more of a decent hour to take her to bed. For me it was easier to stay put, I just had a strong black coffee and it made the trick; I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon.

Georg told me that Allison was arriving later that day with excited eyes; I could tell they were hooking up at the wedding if not before...

The two boys left to go back to the studio and I tried going through some English exercises the teacher had given Lily, I struggled to figure out how they would help her but still tried to get Lily into doing them. While Tom and I left for the honeymoon my sister would stay at her only aunt's house, who had nicely offered to take care of her niece while we were away as soon she received her invitation for the wedding.

 I still had no idea where were we going for the honeymoon but with all the worries in my head I pushed the thought aside and practiced the alphabet with Lily. It was useless; she kept reading the letters in German...

"Lily!" She giggled. "You're not even trying!"

By the time that Simone knocked on the door Lily was eating her third chocolate bar; I had to keep her awake and I couldn't give her caffeine. The woman greeted me with a big hug and a smile, last time we saw each other was the day I left a little bit after the funeral a little more than three months ago. She had been kind enough to help us do everything along with my mother; together they put together the small party and made it all possible. Today we had to go see the garden and do a last minute check up on the flowers before Tom took a little break to go and try out the menu, it all seemed extremely rushed to me, but I played along as everyone else seemed so thrilled and excited...it was eating me alive, for real.

"You are gonna love the flowers we picked out!" She said to me, Lily was walking in front of us, we just had to take a turn and we'd be at the venue. The car was parked in the back, where a large parking lot would perfectly fit the guests' cars.

We looked at the big open space; there would be a little structure so there would also be a roof on top of our heads but the place as it was already looked great, there were beautiful flowers around and some big trees surrounding the big square space in the middle. The morning of the wedding day — Simone explained — everything would be brought in; the flowers, the chairs and the tables, everything.