Chapter Ten. A four letter word and it lasts forever.

I think it's short, sorry! 

Also, I could use some help on that thing that could really mean LOVE because I am a heartless little dork, no, seriously - clues guys! Give me clues! I'm worried, help me!

And the picture up here is Allison, I finally gave her a face!

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing with Tom was that he just never let it go, if you had something to say, he’d make you say it and there was just no running from it. I had tried and I had failed, and right then I knew I was about to say all the wrong things to him.

After I made it out earlier thanks to Lily my mother and Simone had insisted on having a look at the wedding dress that Bill and I had chosen; it was a simple dress with jewellery on the top part with a short train and a fishtail. The veil was short too, but the two women looked at it and started tearing up, I understood it from mom, but Simone caught me off guard.

“I liked you since I met you Jo, but I never thought you’d end up with any of my boys.” She explained before wiping her eyes with a hankie.

The women walked out of the room and I put the dress away on its garment bag to put it back on the closet. There was only Bill and I when everyone left, Georg was excited to receive Allison the next day, she’d just landed a few hours ago and I assured him that she was going to be tired from the flight, so he’d just called her.

“So, Jo…can we agree that you should sleep in a separate bed?” Bill asked, obviously going after bothering his brother.

“I always thought that that was only the night before the wedding...” I played along with the blonde; his hair looked messy as Lily was rapidly falling asleep in his arms. “I am seriously tired now.” I said to them and went to take Lily with me upstairs to bedroom also intending to go to bed myself.

“I got it.” Tom sitting next to us got up and picked Lily up. “Goodnight man.”

“Goodnight.” He said to his brother. “Is something going on?” He asked me once his brother was gone upstairs.

“Not yet.” I threw my head back and leaned down to kiss Bill’s cheek. “Goodnight.”

“Good luck?” He replied.

I breathed in and then walked upstairs to see Tom walking carefully out of the room Lily was staying in for the time being. He looked at me intently as he walked past me into his room across the hall. I was sleeping on that room too…

So I waited a few seconds before I went in there. Tom was brushing his teeth in the bathroom which allowed me to change into my pyjamas before he came back and I went to the bathroom, walking right past each other in silence. I finished up brushing my teeth and pulling my hair in a ponytail and went back to the room, only the light of my night stand was on.

I got in bed and reached out to turn the light off as the low voice of Tom spoke silently to me.

“So what is it that you agreed on?”

“It’s…” I turned the light off. “Nothing, goodnight.” I tried to find a comfortable position; I didn’t want to say anything.

“No, it’s not nothing and I’m sick of this!” He reached over me and turned the light on. “Whenever there’s something wrong you shut me out! Speak up!”

“I shut you out?” I sat up and looked at him; he was still over me, holding his weight on his closed fists at both of my sides. “I don’t…” He raised his eyebrows as if challenging me to say it. I didn’t, but I didn’t say anything either.