Chapter Twenty Five. Nothing's indestructible.

So, in case you have been wondering what to read next: Sarah Lark has a three books long series called "In the Land of the Long White Cloud"or "En el país de la nube blanca" in Spanish and it's a historical novel set in 1858 (I read them last year, not sure of the year they're set in) in New Zeland and I loved these books!

Today's chapter is a little short, sorry about that! ENJOY!

———————————————————————————————————

*Jo's POV*

I wanted to tell Tom, I had struggled the last week thinking if telling him was a good idea...I didn't tell Bill because I was sure he'd tell Tom something about it and it just didn't seem like the time; we had made up but I felt like we were still walking on a very thin line. I tried to convince myself that in the next couple of weeks things were going to keep going well.

I had no more work until January, and then some shows at the beginning of the year. I was worried so I knew I had to call Miriam, I was going to have to cancel for some of the shows.

"Hey, so... I got this!" Allison was all smiles when I visited the salon for a little haircut. She picked a little black card out of her bag. I had been sick for a couple of days and now I was just trying not to get sick again, Tom had been taking care of me but he had to do rehearsals with Bill, the band was going on a little pre-tour sort of trip to promotion the album before the holidays.

"Oh yes, you're going right?" The card was an invitation for my birthday party, courtesy of Miriam and the management group.

"Wouldn't miss it, Jo, remember last year?" We laughed, of course I remembered...a little.

"Can you believe it's another year? I'm starting to feel old..." I told her.

"Nonsense, I'm older! Don't make me slap you, girl." She picked up her scissors and looked at me. "How would you like a little fringe?"

"I could maybe like it..."

"To the side?" She offered. I nodded and she got to it. "Same length?"

"If it's possible."

Friday night turned out to come quicker than I had expected, early in the morning I got my own little gang of dogs jumping on the bed, obviously put there by the twins, Timon and Pumba were there, and Bill strutted in singing happy birthday along with his brother carrying a large chocolate muffin.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Bill yelled loudly as the dogs pushed each other away to get my attention.

"Oh my god, these are too many dogs!" I put my hands on the dogs I could reach. "So much doggy love, thanks guys!" I struggled to get out of bed; the blonde helped me put the dogs down and gave me a huge hug.

"You're still our sixteen year old Spanish nerd!" Bill said to me. A big smile was plastered on his face. "Only a few inches taller, maybe two?" I hit his arm, he was wearing his big shoes, and of course he looked down at me.

"Happy one..." Tom hugged me too, placing the muffin in front of my face and holding me with one arm, bringing me closet to his side. "Make a wish." I looked at the lit candle stuck to the baked good.

"I have it all right here, what else could I wish for?" I looked around; I had five dogs sniffing around the floor, one of my best friends and the guy I loved next to me.

"Aw, come on!" Bill's smile got even wider as he let out a laugh.

"Okay, Okay...I'll think of something!" I looked up at Tom and I knew exactly what I wished. I wished he wouldn't go crazy when I told him.