Chapter Two. Come play.

Hey there!

Enjoy!

———————————————————————————————————

The phone started ringing very early, Tom grunted while I snuggled closer to his side in an attempt at ignoring the awful sound.

"It's yours." He murmured as he put the pillow over his head. I reached out to the bedside only to find that I wasn't on my usual side of the bed. I patted Tom's chest and struggled to open my eyes.

"Help?" I said as I really couldn't bring myself to reach for the phone. The little device was passed to me by a bigger hand and I grabbed it without looking at the screen and automatically answering. "Yes?"

"Jo, good morning!" It was mom, she rarely called, because she never got the time difference right but now I guessed she just couldn't resist and although it was almost 9:00 am, I shouldn't get up just yet.

"Morning mom..." I yawned and tried to cover my face with my other hand as Tom grunted under the pillow.

"¡Amor, no lo puedo creer!" My mom was speaking Spanish, showing just how excited she must have been as she said she couldn't believe it. As she continued on to tell me how surprised she had been to receive my text I pulled the pillow away from Tom's sleepy face and kissed his cheek before leaving the pillow down again and getting up from the bed. "You have to tell me how he proposed, because Thomas is not a romantic one, is he?" I laughed as quietly as I could while I put on a shirt and a pair of shorts I used as pyjamas.

"No mom, he's absolutely not." I replied closing the door of our bedroom and going to the kitchen, I felt the impending need of caffeine. "What exactly do you wanna know?"

"Well, did he kneel?"

"No, we went for dinner last night." I paused, it was so ridiculous how much mom was enjoying this. "And we were talking, right?" Mom urged me to continue, "So he made this stupid joke about my last name and how he wanted to change it..."Something like Kaulitz?"That's what he asked mom." I chuckled, thinking back on it, it was a real smooth move from him. "He knew exactly what he was saying, mom! And then he just leans back on his chair and slides the ring on the table. Then he just went on to say some really nice things about how he considered me family and wanted it to be official...For me to be in his life not just a part of it." At this point I had let the dogs in and was just waiting for the coffee to be ready.

"Oh, that's so sweet of him!" Mom was officially impressed by Tom. "I've been waiting for this day for about nine years now!"

"Mom, you gotta be kidding me!" We both laughed and then I poured myself a cup of coffee. "Anyway, he left me speechless, I swear!" I poured the substitute for cream on my cup as mom kept talking excitedly.

"It's such great news, Jo!" My mom got quiet for a second. "I'm really happy you're building your own life with such a nice young man." I would have never thought of Tom as a nice young man, but maybe that was exactly what he was. "Congratulations to you two."

I smiled and thanked my mother for her nice words. We hung up soon and I finished drinking my coffee while Bora stared at me from the ground, she had grown a little bit since I bought her, but she was still a small dog, as to Tom's dog was a lot bigger.

"What do you guys want?" I asked the pair of dogs as they sat in front of me. "Oh!" I hadn't served them breakfast; that was it.

I put the dog food on their plates and refilled their water before going down the hall to the bathroom between our room and one of the two extra rooms we had. We were probably seeing a lot of dad and the girls soon so we had furnished one of the rooms, leaving the other one as a sort of studio for my paintings. I had a shower there so I wouldn't wake Tom if I went into our bathroom, though I doubted he would wake up soon because he had nothing to do today.