Chapter Thirty Three. Make a citizen out of you.

You know how when you're sick and you get medicine it makes you feel worse before it actually makes you feel better? I'm in that stage... and my nose is as red as an apple, I hate this!

So I uploaded two versions of a new story, one is a fanfic and one is the original, whatever you feel like reading, I'm doing it because I thought of the story as a little something but realized we could all use more (finished) fanfictions! Seriously: what is it with people who never finish their stories? There's a special place in hell for people who don't take their unfinished stories down...

ENJOY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as mom was home it was easy to look after Günther; who, to nobody’s surprise, had dark brown eyes that resembled in both, shape and colour to Tom’s eyes. I had decided that since my mother had gotten back in shape two times after having babies I was going to do the same thing, so instead of calling Dasha’s advised personal trainer I hit the gym pretty hard as much as I could, and worked my ass off on a way that I hated, but the endorphins were pretty awesome and getting rid of the uncomfortable girdle felt like a big accomplishment.

But once mom returned to Spain it was obvious how much Tom wasn’t helping me. I always had Günther on his little baby carrier next to me or put him down on the couch where the dogs would usually see him as one of their own and snuggle close to him, all in all he was a quiet baby, much different to what mom had always told me I had been. I didn’t worry about him falling from there, because he still couldn’t roll on his belly, he was still so small and weak he couldn’t keep his own head up.

Baby Günther was never a big trouble, on the first couple of days home he had problems coping with the food, his stomach had to start working on its own and he had little cramps that made him grumpy and whenever he would cry he would get all red on the face. After that finished he became an easy going baby boy, during the day I’d take him out on the stroller as Tom walked faster further ahead of us with the dogs and at night I’d struggle to get some sleep as he kept demanding attention.

Dylan had sent a ridiculous gift, but still a very thoughtful one: a set of three golden bracelets. One very big for Tom, one slimmer for me and a third very tiny one for Günther. The three of them read our names and the date of birth of Günther, Tom hadn’t been very fond of the bracelet but wore it, same as me and so did Gün. It explained the interest on knowing the information in his letter.

Sometimes I’d ask Tom to get up at night to check why Günther was crying but he turned to the other side and ignored me completely, he just didn’t seem to get it; Günther wasn’t only my child, I swore he’d been more helpful when Lily lived with us than he was being now. And I was tired after only two weeks of no help from Tom.

He was acting so naturally, like nothing had changed, except for how we couldn’t fool around the house because Günther was a grumpy sleeper, you woke him, you woke the beast and he was almost always asleep.

“Tom, I need help. This is not what you asked for, but come on. I am busting my ass here…” I told him as he sat in front of his computer in the spare room with his guitar and looked at me with a raised brow.

“Jo, I’m working right now. I’m sorry; when I’m done I will help you!” He was annoyed. Tom looked down at his phone and turned the screen off before looking back at my face, someone was calling him but he hadn’t answered.

“No, Tom…even Bill had helped me!” I told him. “Georg and Gustav’s wife! I’ve had Andreas come in and play with Günther while I finished my column!”