Chapter Three. Broken dreams.

"Now, if you say anything bad about this one...Bill..." I warned as I stepped out of the changing room with the dress on. It felt right and as I stepped outside and looked at myself I felt that this was the dress I had been looking for, although it was slightly big.

Mom should have been there to help me find it, but I was glad that Bill was the one to clap his hands together as he stared at me.

"I have nothing to say about this!" He cursed under his breath. "Have I ever told you how lucky Tom is?" I nodded. "Because since I know you, I kinda felt that he had a thing with you that none of us had... and...now you're getting married!" His smile grew so wide I smiled too. "Isn't this crazy?"

"Yeah..." I agreed.

"He's happy, you know?" I looked at Bill through the reflexion. "He can't stop writing music, it's like...he's super inspired. I think it's because of you."

That same night we went out to a restaurant with some other friends of Bill and Tom's, I got lost in conversation with them, they were all joking around and talking about anything that came to mind. My phone rang and I told Bill a few seats away from mine that I'd be outside as I stepped into the street to answer away from the loud laughter and noise of the crowded place.

"Hello, Jo Jurado." I answered the phone.

"Hola, ho-hola?" The woman on the other end spoke Spanish, but she had a weird accent I hadn't heard ever in my life.

"Sí, diga?" I spoke Spanish to the lady. She let out a breath and kept speaking.

"Josefina Jurado?" I murmured a "yeah".

"Digo...sí, sí...soy yo. ¿Quién habla?"(I mean...yes, yes...that's me. Who's this?) I asked the lady who was calling who she was.

I immediately knew what it was about when the lady explained she was calling from a hospital in Mexico, I almost drop the phone; I had to back off into the wall and lean there as she kept speaking.

"They were in a car crash." I repeated after the lady. "How are they?" My brain was going on and on too fast to even decipher my own thoughts, but I could still speak Spanish, somehow...

"I cannot give patient's information through the phone, I'm sorry; you'll have to come to the hospital." I raged right then.

"Are you aware that you're calling all the way to Los Angeles? It's not a drive away and I cannot be there in five minutes!" I yelled into the phone.

"I'm really sorry. It's hospital rules." The lady kept her cool while I felt like vomiting.

"Well, thank you then!" I was angry. "If anything happens do call me, is that not against the rules?"

"No, Miss..."

"Look...I'm sorry. What's the name of the hospital and where exactly is it?" I calmed myself down and listened carefully before thanking the Mexican lady and hanging up with tears staining my face. I wrote the information on a note in my phone and yelled into the street earning a couple of glares from people passing by. "Fuuuuuck!"

"Hey, was that you?" Tom appeared from the restaurant and looked at me leaning on the wall. "What's wrong?" He tried to hold my hands while I held on to my own torso to keep myself from yelling anymore, not once had anything like that ever happened to me. "Hey, Jo; take it easy!" He said loudly as I pushed him away with my eyes closed.

"No, no! I'm not taking it anyway!" I yelled at him, as he stared with a straight face. "I'M NOT TAKING IT EASY BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED!"

"What are you talking about?" Tom tried taking my hand in his again; failing once more as I didn't want him to hold me because then I would completely break down into a horrible crying mess, I always did.