Chapter Eighteen. Can call me insane.

One of Jo's friends (Mikkel) on the pic today and I hope the video works...

Enjoy!

———————————————————————————————————

I wasn't with the boy's when they had their photo shoot, I was working again, their first single was a great hit, they released it the day before and we'd all partied a little bit after they went to a radio station to present the song and talk about the new material, things were coming together very well for the band, and apparently for me too.

As the guys started promoting the album next month I would be shooting the cover of Vogue Germany, something Bill had smiled widely upon while Tom tried not to look too unexcited.

I was doing a video shoot that day, I only had to do some impromptu dancing and lip-sync to the artist's song, she was off on tour and unable to appear on the music video so I was left with a very dark wig on my head and fake freckles on my face. The only reason why I was signed in for this video was because I kept tweeting about the songs from her album and that I had been holding on to them during my dreaded work out sessions. I was gonna be Marina for a day.

So I put my phone inside my bag along with my rings and tried to stay still for the makeup and hair. I walked into set with a black skirt, black cropped top and a pink bow in my hair – more like wig, though it felt weird, it looked pretty real to me -. I laughed when I was pulled into a big shower room in a boy's locker room. Trust a pop artist with the vision of Marina to write this phenomenal idea: a line of half-naked models all in black speedos showering together on the background while she performed the song for the camera. It would actually be me, though...but I thought she had written this thinking it would be her. I stared at the boys; I knew half of the group from Guess' anniversary party.

"Hey you!" They said to me as I waved, the director was talking to me as I had a very small idea of what to do.

"Have you seen her videos?" I nodded. "Try to be like her, but have fun and don't push it too hard, it has to look natural."

"Of course, I can try." I smiled at the director and then stood on my little green mark on the floor. "You're looking very naked back there!" I yelled at the boys behind me, the water wasn't on yet, but I could tell they were a little uncomfortable. I would be too, their speedo was short.

"Turn the water on boys!" The director yelled. I heard a couple of hisses, signalling that the water wasn't hot; it couldn't be anymore than a little warm so that the steam wouldn't show on the video. "Start rolling... play the music!" Someone else from the crew played the song and then the director yelled: "Action!"

The song started off with a guitar riff and then the voice came up, I had been listening to the song on repeat the previous days during my warm up runs at the gym. I sang along with my awful singing voice, but the director liked it, it wasn't gonna appear on the music video, thank god, I wasn't a singer. A couple more times playing the song while I sang along with the boys in the background the director decided on having me interact with the models in the back. I was told to be careful with the heart shaped mole painted on my face and went on with the song playing once more to the back and me singing quite badly I walked back to the boys, finding the very easy going Dane model with the big collection of tattoos I put an arm over his shoulders and kept pretending to sing with confidence as the other guys laughed a little listening to me. I played some more with another couple of models and looked at the camera in a funny way when the words "at least I think I do" came up.

All in all it was very fun, for me at least, because I kept teasing the boys who had to be getting colds soon with the temperature of the water that was thrown on them, until I found myself imprison between two guys I didn't really want to push away aka touch, so the breeze of the cold water hit me, I kept the role thought and kept dancing and acting over dramatically until the director called a cut and allowed me to see a little of the material. The boys had been laughing of me or smiling down at my dancing figure in most of the takes, but what was I to do?