Chapter Four. Divine.

So, I am sorry if it wasn't clear enough that the accident Jo's family had happened during their vacations in Mexico, in case you didn't know (I know one of you knows!;) ) Also, it might be a little short, but I promise you the next one will be longer, I write these in word and then put them up here so I never know how long they really are until they're updated. 

Tell me what you think in the comments and thanks for reading and voting!

Too much blah blah blah, now enjoy?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— 

The next couple of days we spent them in the hospital, Bill had convinced me of going to see my little sister, she was just as beautiful as always and as she played with some other kid on her bed I noticed how completely unaware of everything she must be.

"Hey, look who's here!" Bill spoke up, getting Lily to look up from her friend and extending her arms for me.

"Jo!" I held her carefully, afraid of hurting her. Her long blonde hair was even longer than I remembered and her eyes had darkened just a tiny bit.

"How are you, Lily?" I kissed her cheeks as she giggled and kissed my cheek too.

"I'm good, but they give me nasty syrup and put a thing on my legs." She wrinkled her nose. "It smells ugly." I wrinkled my nose too with my arms still around her; I could see that she was doing very well. I still saw the bandages on her legs, there were the fire had given her the awful burns...it reminded me of Jazz. "Where's Jazz?" She asked almost at the same time her face came to my mind.

"She's...she's somewhere else." Bill stroked Lily's blonde hair, it was so straight, and it was obviously Ulrike's inheritance.

"And mommy?"

"She's with Jazz." Said Bill. "They're together, and they're fine where they are." His hand found it's way to mine while I found no words to tell the little four year old in front of me. I nodded and Lily went back to playing with her friend.

That same night the boys convinced me of going to sleep at the hotel. We'd gone there for a few hours but I hadn't spent a night away from dad. That night I did, forced by the incredible tiredness I could no longer hide.

Arriving at the hotel it bothered me how many fans of the boys and cameras had gathered, even at the entrance of the hospital there had been people, I was tired and didn't want to handle that. The attention just made it harder.

Tom had wrapped his arm around my waist and it didn't move from there the whole night, as none of us did, it was one of those nights when you're just too tired to move in your sleep. I dreamt of Jazz and Lily when I took them to the zoo in New York, they had been laughing and running all around, giving me and Matt a hell of a time trying to keep up with them. It seemed so unrealistic that now I would never see that smile of Jazz's, the little girl who asked Tom to marry her...the same little girl that offered to give him to me so I wouldn't marry another man. I had been there when they were born, I had watched Jazz turn one and I had been mad at her when she broke the collection of matryoshka dolls that one of mom's boyfriends had sent me after a trip he made to Moscow. I woke up in the morning covered in tears and sweat from the awful image of Jazz's death body that had found its way into my dreams. Tom had handed me my inhaler, but I didn't need it, I just had to grieve. I had to let go, even when it seemed so unfair that I had to let go of the people I loved, it had to be done.

"I'm fine." I said to Tom, he had managed to keep his cool for all this time. "Trust me." I rejected the inhaler. He put it away in his bag.

"I need you to eat; then I'll trust you." Tom pulled my hair away from my face and kissed my cheek. "I know it's tough, but you are tougher Jo." He kissed my cheek again as I wiped the tears from my other cheek.