Chapter 29

As I watch Nate close the door his hands were full of different things. He sat some on the counter and look down at the ground not knowing what to say or do. I wasn't going to be the first one to break the silence. He acted out of unnecessary things; I only woke him up so he wouldn't be cold or get sick from sleeping on the ground.
Nate rubs his forehead running his hand through his messy hair. He shifted from one foot to the other. A good five minutes has done passed since he came through the door.
"I uh I bought a new lamp for you. I...didn't mean to....break it. Natalie I am truly sorry especially for scaring you." He whispers
  I finally look up away from the window to look at him. I had no words to say. As I watched him put the lamp back in the "original" spot among some of the other things. He places a envelope and a box right in front of me at the table.
"You can read it now or later which ever you feel like doing."
I look more confused at him, but got the things. The envelope on the front had Read me first. I opened it to see a card with Nate yet again apologizing and wrote that we will be going if I want to go to California in the summer time after college is at its break.
I put the envelope and letter down getting the box. I wasn't sure what I thought it would be, but I slowly opened it to see a bracelet. The bracelet is silver with some charms. One charm has a N, the other said forever, and lastly it was a beautiful color blue rime stone.
I put it on admiring the beauty of it.
"Nate thank you it's beautiful, but you didn't have to buy me this. Especially if it's for you being sorry. I..um I know I should still be mad at you, but I forgave you hours ago. I've just been waiting for you to come home."
Nate comes in front of me and get on his knees. "I love you baby."
I half smiled. "I love you."
He gets up going to the room to come back out seconds later in a different outfit. A black button up collar short selves short with dark blue jean pants and his adidas.
I get up following him to the door when his phone starts to ring.
"Give me a second baby."  He says answering walking away to the bedroom
I watched as he closed the door and I heard the lock. What the heck is he hiding? I go to the door but I couldn't make out anything. All I could really hear was Nate and he sounded mad and upset. I went back to the front door as he came back out.
"Is everything okay?" I ask
"Huh? Oh yeah um just my dad that's all."
I could tell how he stuttered and wouldn't look me in the eye it wasn't his father. I don't see why he thought it would be fine to lie. It makes me think there is something much bigger that he's lying about and this is part of it.
I kept my expressions neutral as we got into his car. Thinking through everything. Layla told me that no one knew that Nate and I moved in together just her. Nate told me everyone knew even when I tried to invite them over for a small "party."
Nate looks at me and I smile at him. Does Nate really love me? Or am I just overthinking everything?