Chapter 13

We ordered our food as I took in this set up. This place is expensive and I told him I was fine with McDonald's or something cheaper, but Nate wouldn't budge. I felt like he is playing twenty questions with everything he's asking me.
"What's your favorite color?" He asks
"Uh depends really. I like a baby pink, grey, black, blue, and green." I laugh
"Favorite book?"
"I have multiple ones."
Our waitress comes out placing our cheeseburger plate in front of us. As she only stares at Nate I looked around the room and froze. Nate follows my eye sight then looks back at me.
"Who is he?"
"My..my...my dad." I finally choked out
"The one you haven't seen in like thirteen years?"
I nod looking down at the floor. My appetite has gone away. The man suddenly looks at us and I see his eyes go wide after looking up again. He starts walking my way. Oh no please no don't come over here to me I thought.
"Natalie? Is that really you mija."
"Si papi w..what are you doing here?"
"Uh just finishing lunch." He says weirdly
"Damian I know you have another familia no need to hide it. Mami did a good job I guess once you left."
"Maybe we should talk another time mija." He says looking at Nate
"Hello how are you? I am Nate Sanchez Natalie boyfriend." Nate says standing up holding his hand out
My father looks at Nate shaking his hand. "I know who you are. My other daughter told me about you. Natalie here's my number I would love for you to come over to my house and talk."
After writing his number down he leaves and the head I see hurry out the door was the last one I wanted to see.
"Was..was that Layla with them?" Nate asks
I shrugged my shoulders, but I knew damn well it was.
"Baby it's okay he's gone." Nate says trying to reassure me
Wait did he say he was my boyfriend? Also did he just call me baby? I look at Nate with an eyebrow raised.
"You said baby and said you are my boyfriend?"
Nate smiles taking my hand across the table. "Would you be my girlfriend for now and forever?"
I laugh at him. "I would be honored. Just don't go breaking my heart Sanchez."
Nate rolls his eyes. "I won't I promise."
I wish this playful side of him always showed even when everyone is around. As we finished our meal with small conversation he asked if I wanted to walk across the street to get some ice cream and of course I agreed because who wouldn't it's ice cream.
I waited for Nate outside as he paid for the food because it was none of my business of how much he has. When he comes out he puts his arm around my shoulder. It felt weird, but nice. We got our ice cream then I hear Nate muttering "is it a fucking family reunion day or what?"
"What?" I asked confused
"Nate." The guy says
"William." Nate answers flatly
The guy turns to me and says "sorry for my son being so rude I'm William, Nate's father. Who may you be?"
I smile. "Hello so nice to meet you I'm Natalie his girlfriend."
I had manners and I was brought up to be nice and sweet, but go through what I have in life it would be hard to just to be nice.
"Nate you both should come out to California for my wedding. Its a couple months away and it would be great to see you son." William says
Nate turns his back to us although I can tell he is still listening.
"I would be honored sir to attend. Just please send me the details." I say giving him my number
"Are you fucking crazy!?" Nate says yelling making me jump.
He knocked over a sign and some chairs and I apologized to everyone including his father. I pick up the chairs seeing Nate climbing into his car and I chased after him. I knew if I didn't he would leave me. I got to his car trying to catch my breath.
"Nate what the hell!" I yelled
"How dare you say we will attend his damn wedding! You don't even know him!" He screams at me
"Nate." I say calmly because screaming at each other isn't going to help anything. "I never said you I said I meaning myself would go. I could tell there is bad history with you both. I would NEVER say something on the behave of you without you saying so."
Nate shakes his head. "Is that it?"
I sign. "Yeah that's all Nate."
I back away from the car as he put it in drive and sped away. Of course he would leave me to attend for myself. Luckily I had my AirPod's and phone so I could walk and listen to the music.
Putting the address in maps it says 1 hours 45 minutes. Great. Nate screwed me over just like he would any other time. Why would I think he would be any different. Just because he kissed me? I shake my head as I began to walk.