Chapter 9

When I woke up the sun is shining brightly so I decided to put on some comfortable shorts that has pockets and a teal blue T-shirt on with my black tennis shoes. I needed to go to the store for some stuff and I wanted to walk I can take the bus back if I get to much. I also needed to look for a job and a car. I grab my AirPods putting them in my ears as I grab my room key and open the door running into someone.
"Nate? Did you sleep right here?" I say helping him up
My breath caught in my chest as I seen he had a black eye and a busted lip. I pulled him into my room getting a bottle of water and a rag to carefully clean the cut on his lip.
"What happened?" I whispered
I wanted to hurt whoever hurt this boy. I am pissed.
"It's not a big deal." He says wincing as I touched his eye with ice. "Where are you going?" Nate says looking me up and down
I look at him how could he go from being sweet and funny hours ago to this soundless not caring person now.
"Uh I was just about to walk to Walmart and look for some places hiring and a car." I say fumbling with my hands now
"Oh."
I cleaned up the space and looked at him. "Would you like to come? It could be fun." I say hoping he would
"I guess sure." He says not convincing me
"Look Nate if you want this to work we have to hang out and if you don't want people to see us then tell me so I can go my separate way." I say getting mad again
"Hey no I'm sorry I want to spend every damn minute with you if I could."
"But?"
He smiles. "But we have classes."
I laugh at him heading to my door again to leave with him right on my heels. As he asked how I had planned to get to the store I told him walking and all he could do was shake his head. As he drove I looked out the window occasionally peaking side glances at him as he stared at me then the road.
We made small conversations and it was awkward as he wouldn't tell me why he got into a fight. He placed his hand palm up like he was waiting for me to take it in mine. I wanted too, but we aren't even together we are just friends who like each other.
  When he finally parked I got out walking into the store. I wasn't mad or upset at the fact he isn't really talking to me it's the fact that it's like he doesn't want to be seen with me in public. I grabbed a buggy going to the bath products grabbing my stuff and then to the clothes just to look around. I could feel his presence without him even being right here he is near, but not close. As I grabbed some cute looking shirts and some comfy shorts I was ready to leave.
I went to check out and luckily everything fit in three bags. I went and sat by the front doors waiting for him to maybe see that I was ready after a few minutes I text him and received nothing. I walked out going to the bus. The bus came within a few minutes and Walmart was fading until my stop. Finally my stop came and I got off walking up the side walks. I'm in the very front of the campus seeing a coffee shop across the street and a library. I definitely could use some coffee. I went to the little coffee shop seeing they had pastries and different types of coffee. You could sit down and do homework or hang with friends. I noticed a "help wanted" sign. I asked for the application and did it right then and there.
I got my ice coffee to go walking back to the dorm room. Once my building came into view I see that Nate has made it back. Good for him because he ruined this. My blood boils just thinking of how he ignored me. I got to my room seeing the door is open. I nudged it open seeing Nate, Layla, Shay,  Justin, and the Michael guy here. I put my AirPods in putting my things up.
"Natalie!" I hear Layla yell
I take out my right AirPod and look at her. "Yes?" I say clearly irritated
"Are you coming tonight?"
"To a party?" I ask curious
"Duh."
I looked at everyone as their eyes was on me except Nate. Shay arm was around his waist as his arm was around her shoulders.
"No Justin and I was going to go to dinner. Unless you want to go another time?"
Justin smiles at me. "Nah there will always be a party, but not enough time for our date."
I smile. "Well Layla I hope you have fun I'm going to go get ready."
Layla smiles at us and I get a pair kind of tight blue jeans with a pink one strap sleeve shirt. I walk out with my bathroom bag and clothes nodding my head with the lyrics. I feel a hard yank on my arm and spin around.
"Are you serious! Did you not understand that I only want you with me!?" Nate yells causing people to stare
I feel my face turn read and yell back "right just like how you ignore me when it was time to go just for when I get back here your all the hell over Shay! Nate you can't have it both ways! Figure it the hell out of what you want, but I am going out with Justin tonight and you can't stop me!"
I walk away with Nate pulling his hair with his fist balled up. I really must of just touched a nerve. As I walk into the showers and prepare my water my phone buzz.
Justin- Natalie I am so sorry a family emergency came up we have to cancel.
My anger is at its highest point now.
Me- you have to cancel or did Nate say something!?
Justin- No I promise fuck Nate, but it's my little sister she's in the hospital. If you want to come with me you can, but she is very sick.
My heart sunk to my stomach he must be going crazy.
Me- do you want me to go? I will as a friend for support.
Justin- please

Me- getting in the shower I'll be quick.
I hurried and got in doing my business to get out and dress quickly. I put my tennis shoes back on hurrying down the hall. When I got to my room Justin is leaning against the wall. I never really noticed him until now tall muscular brown hair green eyes with the tattoos. His eye was red I could tell he's been crying.
"Justin let me get my charger and room key I'll be right out."
I go in getting my things to leave.