Chapter 8

I'm left alone in my room thinking of what Nate has said. How could he say that I'm the only girl he will fight for? He doesn't know me and that bothers the heck out of me. I want to let him in, I want to develop a friendship with him, but we can't seem to stop fighting each other and the jealousy takes place. My phone buzzed making me jump.
Layla-Won't be back until after class Tuesday! Need me text me
Me-okay.
I couldn't even think clearly enough to text her. I put on my shoes grabbing my phone and key walking out the door. I don't know where I am going, but sitting here is making me go crazy. I have no idea where my feet are taking me until I am standing outside of his room door. I held my hand up to knock then let it fall. Why am I here? Ugh this couldn't be more pathetic then arguing with myself in my own damn mind.
I finally knocked and within seconds he is pulling me into his room.
"Natalie are you okay?" He whispers hearing sleep in his voice
"No Nate nothing is okay."
He sits down running his hand through his hair. I love when he does this. Before he could say a word I'm already talking.
"Nate I don't want nothing bad between us. I want a friendship. I want you in my life, but I don't want this..this arguing crap. The jealous stuff has to end and we have to hang out more to know each other better. I need you in my life." I said whispering the last part
"Natalie I do not want to be your friend."
It felt like I am being stabbed in the heart my hands fell to my side. I walked back to the door opening it.
"Damn it Natalie wait a minute and let me finish." He says pulling me back
I look at him through the tears that's threatening to spill any second.
"I don't want to be your friend. I want to be more then your friend. I meant what I said earlier since the moment I laid my eyes on you I...I knew you was the one for me. Then when we touched and the electric feeling it overwhelmed me. I don't want you to be with anyone, but me."
I look at Nate with wide eyes. "H..how you barely know me?"
He smiles a smile that seems to only show when I'm around. "That's the point of talking and dating to know each other better."
As I stand in front of him awkwardly trying to figure out what to say he puts his hand under my chin making me look at him. I bite on my bottom lip as the butterflies danced around in my belly. My phone snapped us out of our starring contest. I looked to see it's my mom calling.
"Hey mom isn't it late?"
"Well you seem like you can't every answer me and it's Friday so I figured you'll be studying for Monday."
"Oh um yeah I'm actually studying with my friend right now for a project we are doing together. Can we talk later?"
"It better be real studying Natalie."
"Oh my goodness mother goodbye."
I hung up turning my phone off. Nate looks at me and I look back at him. I don't know what to say at this point so I'll just stand here looking around.
Nate started talking about random stuff as the night went on and we laugh the night away. We finally realized that the sun was coming up so I left going to my dorm to get some sleep.