Chapter 14

I'm about thirty minutes into my walk and Nate keeps calling and texting me.
Nate- where are you?
Nate- Natalie I know you are seeing theses.
Nate- fuck I'm sorry I didn't mean to actually leave you! My temper gets the best of me fuck
Nate- answer me now or I'm calling the police
He just sent this I rolled my eyes and kept walking. He should have thought better and not let his temper get him out of character. At this point I am done trying to be his friend and even worse so I am done of being his "girlfriend" for just a couple hours. My mom was right I shouldn't get caught up in boys. My mom would say "focus Natalie boys are only after one thing. Your school comes first." I know now of why she said it.
I am now an hour into my walk almost there. I see places that has the help wanted sign, but it's to far out. I still got the online website and filled out the application while walking. Within time I had done put in six application and got two interviews. One being at the coffee shop right at campus and the other this little art studio place.
I finally got to the lawn of the university and sat down. I needed a break more of what I needed was a shower to relax my bones. I got back up dragging myself to my room door. I walk in to see Layla, Shay, Michael, and Nate standing around the room.
I avoided eye contact with Nate and look straight at Layla.
"What's going on?"
"I'm just glad your back here safely." Layla says squaring her eyes at Nate
She looks at me and I could see the pleading behind her eyes of not letting everyone know we have the same father. Or maybe he is her step dad now? I could careless though.
I sat on my bed taking my shoes off sliding my slides on and getting some comfortable shorts and a T-shirt. I get my bathroom bag heading to the door.
"You could answer me." Nate says
I turn around quickly and looked at him. "You should have never left. You should have thought about it. You should really leave me the hell alone. I'm surprised you would even say anything we are around people don't you see." I say harshly
Nate walks up to me and I thought for a second he may try to hit me so I flinched. He stops in his tracks and hurt over comes his face.
"Do you really think I would hit you?"
I look down to not answer him.
"I would NEVER EVER lay a hand on you Natalie no matter what my temper is. Or how pissed off you make me."
I look around at Everyone in the room watching their faces confused as ever except Layla.
"I don't know what your capable of anymore Nate." With that I turn away walking out the door.
"Natalie!" He calls after me but I continue to walk
As I walk to the community showers I wipe away my tears silently crying. How could I be this stupid. I get in the shower crawling into a ball just crying silently as possible. Finally when I notice the water starting to get cold I wash my hair and body then climbing out getting dressed quickly.
I walked slowly back to my dorm room. I didn't want to face anyone there my body aches and my feet has a few blisters for walking without taking a break. I tried to text and call Justin, but he hasn't answered since the night of the passing of his sister so I backed off. I am alone in this.
I finally made it to my room opening the door seeing no one was here. Thank you for that. I climb in my bed and under the blankets letting the sleepiness take over.