🥀Chapter 6🥀

"The scariest monsters are the ones that lurk within our souls"

~Edgar Allan Poe~
🦋

There were two kinds of people in the world.

The givers and the takers.

Zarene was a giver and it was one of the things that killed her.

And I was a taker which was one of the reasons I ended up having therapy.

There were those that lead and those that followed.

For someone like me, recognizing those with these two distinct traits has never been a hassle.

So trust me when I say Rose West is that bitch.

She's one of those people who don't have to try, and considering how the whole cafeteria had gone deathly quiet, this bitch owned this school.

And that was only because she had the money and the connections.

Money brings power.

And if you don't believe me just take a look around you and see it all play out.

But without the money Rose would be a nobody, someone not worth a second glance.

I wasn't going to lie though, I was impressed with how smart she was to use this simple fact to her full advantage.

She's your stereotypical mean girl they portray in those cliche high school movies with her blonde hair and bright baby blue eyes.

But nonetheless, I could see the appeal.

I mean, she was sure to get guys attention with her Barbie girl looks fantastic long legs, model-like figure coupled with an obviously expensive taste in style and accessories judging from her custom made uniform.

Sadly, that was all dear sweet Rose had to offer.

She was just the same as everyone else and only had so much power based on her being daddy's little trust fund baby.

It was too pathetic to even watch.

Like a blazing ball of fury, the queen bitch herself marched through the cafeteria, her train of minions scampering after her.

"Wonder what's gotten up her ass today," Andy whispered. But I wasn't listening, keeping my eyes focused on Rose.

At this point, she made her way to a table at the far end of the cafeteria where only a sparse amount of people sat.

Stopping at the table, she slammed her palm against the hardwood making the occupants shrink in fear.

"Up." she spat out her eyes, trained on one of the occupants.

"What's going on?" I asked Poppy, who seemed to be trying to look anywhere, but at the scene Rose was creating.

"I'll explain everything later," she whispered, "right now, we can't have Rose thinking were talking about her."

Much more confused now, I turned back to the scene.

The dark-haired girl was the kind of person society considered pretty with pouty lips and great hair; it was hard to think someone like her was getting picked on.

" I'm not afraid of you," her voice went small, "everyone needs to see how toxic you are with the segregation."

She looked around the cafeteria her eyes pleading, "This thing has gotten out of hand, don't you see this is slowly killing us"