🥀Chapter 35🥀

"I miss you. And you don't realize I will love you forever even if you don't love me back."

~Harley Quinn ~
🦋

It's been a week since Kim Hahn slipped into a coma due to the fall.

The police have been questioning everyone who was present and everyone had said the same thing.

Kim had fallen on her own due to excessive drugs and alcohol.

The case was closed until Kim somehow miraculously woke up.

But from my perspective she wasn't ever going to wake up.

I'd personally make sure.

Right now I'm at Lake Shore watching the occupants of the room as we delve into our last session with Mrs. Chesterfield.

She smiles at us, eyes gleaming as she watches us like were a bunch of success stories she can't wait to tell her next batch of mentally deficient misfits all about.

My gaze settles on Alexander and I almost laugh out loud.

She couldn't be more wrong.

But then I feel a light nudge by my shoulder and turn to Viti, her eyes gleaming with what I could only call excitement and I almost smile back.

Almost.

Although Alexander and I can never escape the monsters we are, maybe not all of us would be condemned to the same fate.

Maybe some of us would actually get better.

Viti squeezes my hand again and this time I squeeze hers back.

Maybe the monsters don't always win after all.

"We have come to the end of the program and words cannot express how proud I am of all of you" Mrs. Chesterfield speaks up, smile proud as she takes in all of us.

"A lot of you came in here totally lost, with feelings of dejection and self-loathing as we had pegged ourselves lost causes"

"And now when I look at you all, I don't see lost causes, in fact all I see are people who fought and will keep fighting to overcome all their demons no matter how hard it may be."

"I see young adults who have fought so hard to get better and have made sure their shortcomings do not affect who they are as individuals because believe it or not your illness does not define you" she gives each of us pointed looks, "this is only the beginning but trust me all I see is the end is greatness, and trust me when I say I see a great future ahead for all of you"

She smiles again.

"Does anyone want to say anything, or any have a goal they want to achieve in the future?"

"Umm, I do" Peter speaks up, his hands in the air to get Mrs. Chesterfield's attention.

"Oh of course Peter, you have the stage."

Nodding Peter looks up and smiles his eyes taking in everyone.

"I just wanted to say that having multiple personalities has been one of the hardest things I've had to live with and as time went on I found it hard to tell who I really was" he shook his head, "The country I grew up in, Nigeria, well in that country you get to learn to be strong, to work hard for everything and to be proud of who you are no matter where you find yourself."

THE BLACK ONYX (BOOK 1) WATTYS 2022 ~The Black series~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara