🥀Chapter 11🥀

"If my eyes could show my soul, everyone would cry when they saw me smile.

~Kurt Cobain~
🦋

Just like how there's a heirachy in every given human society is the same way there's the top of the food chain and the bottom. There's the king of the jungle, the fierce beast all the animals know not to mess with cause he gets whatever he wants whenever he wants it.

If I thought Alexander was dark back at Lakeshore then it was nothing compared to the pitch blackness he exuded right at this point. Checking behind him I noticed his body guard from last time was missing meaning the devil was out to play with no supervision whatsoever.

Oh joy.

To a mere onlooker Alexander looked calm, almost unbothered as he scanned his surrounding in utter disinterest.

"Shit he can't spot me" Johnathan ducked almost comically his eyes wild, "I need to make a call"

And just like that he was gone.

Confused I continued to stare at him, noticing the fear that seemed to fill everyone around, it was all there in their body language, he was the fucking predator and they were his hoard of easy prey.

If I wasn't so confused I would have applauded the guy.

Turns out Rose wasn't the ruler of Barkley after all.

I made to take a step closer to get a good look at him when Poppy grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the punch table far away from Alexander's stiff form.

"What the hell Poppy calm your tits" I snatched my hand away watching her bewildered expression.

"Sorry" she squeeked her eyes glued to Alex, "its just not a good idea to be within walking feet of that guy."

Feigning ignorance I took out a cup and made to fill it with the fruity punch on the table.

"What guy?"

Giving me a bewildered look Poppy's eyes almost fell out of her head in shock.

"Don't tell me you have no idea who Alexander freaking Al Thani is" she practically screamed," I mean everyone in this town knows the guy he's literally a god in these parts."

I shrugged nonchalant about the whole thing.

"If I knew I wouldn't ask so bitch fill me in with the details ."

Eye's twinkling with excitement at the prospect of my being interested in her gossip Poppy dove right into my bait.

"Where do I even begin" she gasped , her expression a mix between fear and fascination, "You know when I said Rose is literally the queen bitch who made up the heirachy of the school and made practically everyone bow to her every whim?"

I nodded in affirmation my interest piqued.

"Well let's just say she's a literal bug when it comes to Alexander" she paused dramatically her eyes shining, "Alexander comes from a long line of royalty back in Qatar and just know I'm talking about freaking Arab money, Jesus the guy is so loaded his family is the Al Thani dynasty and has been in power since the early 1880's."

"So his father is the king or something?"

"No just the youngest brother to Emir Abdul Bin Thani Khalid Al Thani, his father's name is Mohammed Bin Ghanim Bin Al-thani." she paused, "that at least must ring a bell Zuri"

And that's when it clicked, my eyes widened in complete and utter shock.

I had been so out of element I had actually let my mind omit the name she just mentioned.