🥀Chapter 36🥀

"I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

~Mary Shelley ~
🦋

"Do you ever wish you were normal?"

I ask the boy with the mismatched eyes and skull mask as we watch the hassle and bustle from the rooftop of the hospital.

It had been a week since our last encounter and somehow I had found another way to meet him and even though I knew father's belt will latch onto my skin for this transgression I couldn't bring myself to care.

Za wouldn't like this either but I can't bring myself to stop meeting him.

Turning my eyes to freeze as I notice he is already staring at me, his pretty dual colored eyes watching me curiously.

"No, I never want to be normal"

"Why not?" I ask truly confused, "wouldn't it make your life easier?"

"I don't know about you but I never want to be normal" he smiles at me then and I feel a slight heat cover my cheeks.

I touch my flaming cheeks in confusion.

He continues, watching me intently.
"Because if I am normal, then I won't be able to kill all the monsters that hurt my mum and dad"

I frown at that.

"Someone hurt your parent's?"

He nods, his pretty eyes turning cold.

"Yes, and like the guy that fell off the roof....."

"You mean the one you pushed"

He smiles at me, eyes shining.

"Yes, him" he nods, "well I'm going to hurt the others like that too"

"Would you hurt my monsters too?"

He stops and turns to me, losing his smile and letting absolute seriousness take over his face.

"Always" he promises me tracing my face with his hands, "even when you don't need me to, I will always kill your monsters"

"And what about you?" I breathe my voice shaky, "what if you're the monster that hurts me?"

His eyes grow hard as he grips my face harder, his eyes growing menacing.
"Then you'll just have to pray it doesn't hurt too much"

"And why is that?"

"Because you're mine forever, whether you want me or not I will always, always have you"

I let out a shaky breath at the memory as I make my way through the throng of people in the hallway as my mind works a mile a minute letting all the memories of my encounter flood my brain.

And with each familiar flashback my heart beats harder and all I want to do it kill something.

I growl softly as I spot Beelzebub by his car in the parking lot.