🥀Chapter 28🥀

"The monsters were never under my bed. Because the monsters were inside my head. I fear no monsters for no monsters I see. Because all this time the monster has been me."

~Monster~
🦋

Death.

Something everyone knows about and avoids at all cost even though its nothing short of inevitable.

If you don't believe me just ask Za.

But as I stare at the mess of a boy trembling at my feet I can't help the sneer of disgust that forms on my lips.

Johnathan didn't want to die but too bad because he had a date with Satan in hell scheduled for today and it was duly signed by me.

Alexander sat a few feet away from us, his form relaxed as he typed away at his phone like he hadn't kidnapped and tortured Johnathan within the last few days.

And with every sound he made with his gadget Johnathan flinched, his eyes more than just scared.

He was bloody terrified of Alexander and judging from his state, he had a good reason to.

I took a step closer to him watching him tremble with every step as he shifted back, at least as far back as his chains would allow looking around no doubt for some help.

Alexander's bodyguard had dropped him off here and left not looking back once ignoring Johnathan's pleas like he knew he was his only hope at survival.

And he was right too.

Kneeling in front of him I gave him a smile watching him flinch slightly.

"Hey love" I whispered tracing his wounded face with my finger, "he really hurt you didn't he"

He kept mute, his body relaxing slightly at my tone.

"Do you know why you're here Johnathan?"

His slightly swollen eyes moved to Alexander who at the same moment made eye contact with Johnathan, his mismatched eyes flashing.

Immediately Johnathan broke eye contact going straight in hysterics as he let his crazed eyes meet mine as he practically screams.

"Zuri please help me",he yells fighting with the chains, "he's crazy, so fucking crazy Zuri and I swear to you I won't even look at you in the hallway ever again, I'm sorry okay for bothering you when I only liked boys please, just tell your boyfriend to lay off and I'll be out of you hair for good",he pleads, tears leaking out of his eyes.

I smile at that and feign indecision.

"I don't know honey I mean, Alexander here thinks you're better off dead"

His eyes bulge out.

"What no'", he splutters comically at that, his skin breaking into a sweat as he turns all blotchy from fear.

"Isn't that right baby", I call to Alex who just flashes me a canine smile in response.

"Please no", Johnathan screams in fright, "No no please I swear I'll give you anything"