🥀Chapter 17🥀

"I like the darkness, there's something to the feeling of not knowing your surroundings, not seeing the color of things as they appear but as they truly are. There's something about the unknown, the quiet, the cold. There's something unspoken about the dark, something I can never quite put words to. Something terrifying yet beautiful."

~Anonymous~
🦋

This chapter is dedicated to fixzy02 she was so cool and gave me the kind of support that was honestly pretty touching, especially considering she's a Nigerian just like me which honestly got me super excited.
One love sister 🇳🇬🤗❤️.

I remember the first time I felt something for someone other than my sister.

Something dark and twisted that spelled chaos and destruction all rolled in one. It was deep dark and dangerous and was the first and last time I ever felt something of that magnitude .

It was back at my old therapy session when my father still waited around and my mother wasn't that much of a lost cause as she was today. It was 3 years after the incident in middle school and I hadn't been allowed any human interaction with the outside world except with my therapist at their office secluded with my fathers trusty right hand errand dog manning the door so I wouldn't get out.

Until one day when father had an emergency and his henchman couldn't be there to man the door as usual.

Not wasting anytime I had taken up the opportunity and snuck out of the waiting room after my session barreling my way through the wards and trying to live up my only taste of freedom before I'd have to be locked back in by the monster.

My head was filled with so much whirlwind of thoughts that I didn't look where I was going and slammed straight into another body.

Hard.

"Watch where you're going'", the voice growled in irritation.

Slightly disoriented I scowled at the lanky slightly taller boy in a hospital gown his face covered with a black skull themed mask leaving only his eyes visible.

His blue green eyes.

"Cool mask", I eyed him momentarily forgetting our run in, "I thought robbers don't show up in broad daylight." I continued motioning to his covered face.

Rolling his eyes the boy ignored me and kept walking as if I hadn't just said something to him.

"The least you could do is reply", I rolled my eyes racking my brain for polite things to say as per Zuri's social etiquette because for some reason I had the urge to talk to this boy and I sure as heck wasn't going to let this little miracle slide.

He paused then turned, his right eye ticking ever so slightly as he assessed me in a way that spelled pure disdain.

"Don't you have somewhere to be", the boy asked his anger momentarily forgotten and now replaced with what could only be described as curiosity.

I shrugged.

"Technically no, at least not until my dad's henchman comes and discovers I'm missing"

"Wouldn't you get into trouble"

I smiled at that.

"It wouldn't be the first time."