🥀Chapter 13🥀

"It wasn't as dark and scary as it sounds. I had a lot of fun.....killing somebody is a funny experience".

~Albert DeSalvo~
🦋

This chapter is dedicated to Mimeeex   who made my week by voting and commenting so much on this book, it means the absolute world to me. Thank you sweetheart 🤗

Come Monday morning I was about ready to slice my throat in frustration, having been dragged to church the day before by my overly religious mother who after the very long exhausting service waited behind to have the pastor pray for me, her words being and I quote;

''Zuri needs the Lords light right now".

I rolled my eyes irritated by the memory of it.

If anyone needed the light it was my blind ass mother who hasn't stopped wallowing in the hole of drunkenness and self pity because of my absent father.

It was sometimes hard to believe someone so pathetic birthed me really.

Stepping into Barkley's hallway I noticed there was a weird buzz that was never there. Everyone and I mean everyone was talking excitedly showing each other their phones and whispering in hushed tones their eyes wide in either shock, horror, excitement or all three.

Curious I made my way to a little group of lower grade kids who were busy chattering all over the place.

"Omg don't tell me he's back for real" a blond girl asked her eyes shining like whoever they were talking about is the key to end world hunger.

"I'm super serious, my brother and I spotted his chauffeur dropping him off at school this morning" another girl chipped in then bent and whispered conspiratorially, "he even had a bodyguard with him."

"That totally spells dangerous"

"Oh Lord kill me now but that just increases the appeal" a Spanish girl with great curves sighed her accent strong, "just imagine, a hot, rich, dangerous guy walking our very halls " she feigned a faint making her friends giggle, "I'd sure as hell let him do me, murderer or not."

Already getting bored with the conversation I backtracked and headed for my locker where Poppy stood excitedly tapping her foot so much it was rather surprising she hadn't made a dent in her doc martins shoes.

"You wouldn't believe who just re-enrolled at Barkley" Poppy screamed her eyes almost popping from their sockets.

Disinterested I put in the code for my locker and placed my books in.

"Don't tell me all this buzz is about some random dude coming back" I motioned to the flurry of excited bubble heads in the massive hallway, "you guys are in dire need of some real action if some guy gets you all riled up."

Rolling her eyes, her grin still in place Poppy shook her head in disagreement.

"Trust me Alexander is not just some guy, he's practically a god here I mean everyone worships him" she whispered conspiratorially, "even the royals."

Slamming my locker shut I gave a grunt.

"This talk about that Alexander dude is getting old don't you think, besides I thought you already knew he was back.''

"Well I knew he was back in town but not exactly back in school" she smiled rather evilly, "I can just imagine the fit the royals are throwing right now ha, no wonder I haven't seen any of them yet."