🥀Chapter 29🥀

And then she told herself, "Stop being so weak, grow up and get over it." and then she never felt anything again.

~Dostoyevska ~
🦋

I stare at Alexander expectantly as he nods at my statement.

"Alright then well for starters I'm originally from Qatar and was born into the royal Al-Thani family as a bastard since my father got my mother pregnant while she was on holiday in the country, a few years later my fathers bastard family tried to wipe my mother and I out of the face of the earth to no avail causing my father to move us here."

"Growing up he was always there so much it didn't feel like I never belonged even if everyone knew there was something about me, something different."He paused as the waitress served our pizzas and drinks then left before he picked up on the conversation again.

"He took care of us and made sure to teach me everything I needed to know about being an Al-Thani so when the time was right I would go back to my country and take my rightful place as his heir much to the anger of his brothers but my father wasn't worried because he knew I could take care of myself, he knew I had what it takes to rule and defend myself and my mother in the most ruthless way possible because in our world ruthlessness always wins"

He paused and gave me a smile, ''and maybe that's why I'm so drawn to you my butterfly"

I can't explain the warmth that spreads in my belly at his statement.

"Anyway years later my father fell ill" his words begin to turn cold as he recounts the story, "he couldn't visit my mother and I for a while because it was detrimental to his health so he made sure to send word to us as much as he could without the interference of his family until one day a letter came."

"He told us about how things weren't in place in Qatar and how he wanted me to come back and take my rightful spot by his side, he wanted to see me be the leader he had always wanted me to be before he died because he believed he didn't have much time left"

He stared off into space.

"My mother urged me to go and I was prepared to, I mean that's what I lived my whole life doing preparing for the day when I would go back and be who I was destined to be and on the day I returned to Qatar he was killed."

Curious I sat up.

"How?"

He laughed, a cold sinister laugh that made my skin turn cold because he sounded crazy.

Psychotic crazy.

"A bomb was set up in his car so when my plane landed and I got out to greet my father who was waiting proudly with his entourage to take me home the bomb was detonated"

My eyes widened in shock.

"He died right in front of me" he laughed lightly, "and I would have died too if I had made it to the car but I guess his killer had other things in mind" his smile was cruel, "he wanted me to watch him burn along with my hopes of a place in the family."

"Everything after that is fuzzy at best and that was the last time I went to Qatar."

"Because you're scared they'll kill you too?"